GR-55 - Volcanic Ash performing Chicago Horns with GR-55

Started by Witelite, September 25, 2012, 08:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witelite

Here's one more. Chicago's Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is. While it begs for the trumpet solo (Need another GR-55!) , the fact that these synths can cover this stuff is so cool. It opens up a world of possibilities for bands (not to mention fun to cover songs like this that would have been unthinkable without this unit)

Heel is piano and toe is brass. Acoustic Guitar Sound is the Piezo on the Brian Moore Guitar (versus the modeled one from the GR55).

I'll post the patches later to both but they are relatively straightforward.

papabuss

Hi whitelite
once again: great job!
THX for posting.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

sloopdawg

Very cool man, and tell your bass player even though your playing is up front and great, he's what holds it all together, very good job on the bass. I like the way you guys seem to have it all worked out.

Witelite

He's awesome. The Zoom unit (Q2 HD) is great but doesn't pickup bass quite as well. That groove makes the song for sure.

aliensporebomb

Fan-freakin' tastic.   I NEVER imagined I'd hear a trio play that song!  :)
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Bill Ruppert

Witelite

Thanks all. Patch below (I hope)

dnedwek

Excellent work. What vocal processor is giving you the harmonies (unless you are a Tuvan Throat Singer, of course  :)  )

Witelite

Voice Live Rack - TC Helicon. Cool unit. That's why we switch the lead duties :)

MM

tekrytor

Superb! Very nice subtleties going on all around with your trio. No one is overpowering the mix, excellent chops all around, excellent timing and harmonies, a drummer who sings and plays a Roland kit! Your use of the GK is very impressive, and the vocals are very fine too, wow! Kudos!
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

Phatstrat

Hello Michael

Its been awhile but want to thank you for the info.  The GR55 has become a staple for my live performance and now I have two.  hope you are still using yours.  I use a Line 6 HD500 to select patches via midi PC - 10 patch selection.  Here is a sample of what I do.