GT-100 routing help-2 amps

Started by vwhotz, June 29, 2019, 02:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwhotz

I have a pretty complex chain and I'm searching for help with the best solution.

I'm currently running things in this order:

Guitar in>VoiceLive 3 (thru)>GT-100>divider in effects chain, dual mode>
L:MXR Modified O.D.>EHX Ravish Sitar>MXR Super Badass>Joyo California O.D.>Roland JC-40
R:EHX Synth 9>Caline Pure Sky O.D.>EHX Mel9>EHX C9>TC Vicious Vibe>Hartke A25

I want to use the R signal for the synth pedals going to the A25 but I want control over muting or volume of the signal (the pedals are all true bypass so the clean signal still comes through when the pedals are not activated). My guess is I'm going to have to incorporate volume or ABY pedals after the outputs from the GT-100. I don't think there is a way to do this in the GT-100 as powerful as that piece of gear is.

There are SO MANY routing options here it's easy to get lost. The VoiceLive 3 has Stereo guitar outs which can be independent and it also has the guitar through. I'm not really using the guitar side of the VoiceLive 3 (big can of worms there if I add that possibility). The GT-100 has an effects loop and multiple options for outputs. The JC-40 has a stereo effects loop, stereo line out and phones out. The EHX pedals all have dry and effect outs. The TC Vicious Vibe has stereo ins and outs. The Hartke A25 has an effects loop and a balanced out.

What is the most effective setup with the most control over both amps?

TIA

Shingles

The 'most effective setup' is probably not the one with the 'most control.'

My approach to similar 'decision anxiety syndrome ' is to eliminate all the combinations or routings that don't actually produce anything useful.
Nik
--------------------------------
Tonelab, VG99, Axon AX100, EDP, Repeater
Godin, PRS, Crafter and Roland guitars
Center Point Stereo Spacestation V3

vwhotz

um...thanks?

Believe me, I understand the 'decision anxiety syndrome'. However, I'm committed to trying this out. The basic intent is to have the "synth" sounds isolated to 1 amp and the "guitar" sounds isolated to the other amp and I would like to have control over levels of both amps from my feet. Doesn't seem too excessive to me.