GP-10- GR-100 Hex Fuzz

Started by Peter the GR-eat..., December 15, 2019, 02:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter the GR-eat...

GR-100

For some time now i been thinking to post a patch that could behave a bit lite the GR-100
And mimic the relationship between the controller and the synth.
And after Wayne Joness posted a hex fuzz comparison (!!!!!) (there's still hope for this world)
I got more motivated

Now this is not an accurate "translation  But i added a fake vibrato on the S buttons (The older 202,303,505,808 Roland guitars has touch plates)
Tried to use the internal pedal to smoothen the attack or "pop" from the chorus turning on.
But added Vibrato (chorus) on/off and faster speed with EXP2

Now the thing i miss when using the Polydistortion In the GP-10 is the lack of filter control

So i used the GR-300 without the synth part,  because  the Gr-300 in the the GP-10 allow control the filter on the fuzz
Maybe some future GR-300 emulation will allow using the vibrato on the hex fuzz?
wold make this a bit easier  :)

Resonance is on the Expression pedal and Cutoff on the GK volume
Try the other way around if it fells more natural

Ideal would to have both Cutoff and Resonance con toll from the guitar
But that would  require an solution like the brilliant idea Wayne Jones poster with  a EV-5 built in to the guitar https://www.joness.com/gr300/Epiphone_Les_Paul_Custom.htm

Added chorus on/off on CTL 1 and 2 monetary and toggle. But then there no smoothen out with the internal pedal

I ran out of assignes way to early! 
Would liked to have control for envelope on/off and normal/inverted on/off for the compressor.
But anyways

In the spirit of capitalizing on others (Wayne Jones) great ideas and hard work heres a patch!