OK, I know I said I was "done" a week ago, but ... update!
Many sliders have been replaced with banks of buttons, which I have found to be much more usable. (They light up when you touch them - neato! - but they don't persist to represent current state.) I've taken the opportunity to replace a lot of "lawsuit-aware" labels with real descriptions, for instance LIPS becomes Dano 56-U3 and so on. This is a little more "fun" for me as a guitar geek, and moreover, it's called out a lot of functionality that I didn't even know was there. Embarrassingly, I didn't realize that MA-28 etc were acoustic guitars; I thought they were mics or pickups I'd never heard of! So it's been good to embed some of the documentation right into the UI.
There are pro's and cons, though. I'm using a lot more screen space, which itself is both a pro and
a con. And I'm using a lot more memory with this increased control count. This makes pages load a little slower, and could even result in more TouchOSC crashes. Oddly, I noticed that labels have OSC command strings, but they don't actually respond to touch. So every button is a label imposed over a push button, doubling the control count.
Things that I considered more global have been moved to page 1, e.g. structure and detuning.
EQ has gotten some more labels so I won't confuse treble and presence anymore. :O
PCM1/2 have gotten new independent slider controls for each instrument category. (Also fixed the famous drum kit bug.) These are still a bit clumsy but at least now you know exactly what category you're searching in as soon as you touch the screen. Other changes have left a lot of open space on these pages, so they're due for a total overhaul, maybe this weekend.
Assign switches now appear under the CC controls on the FX page, making those controls significantly more powerful if you're creative with your Assign programming.
COSM, MOD, and MFX1-3 have gotten MASSIVE facelifts. The sliders selecting type have gone away in favor of captions that turn elements on. The primary benefit beyond the cosmetic is that everything is modular. If you want a page with buttons for a couple of favorite instruments, and a few favorite effects, it's as simple as copying and pasting one together.
(In anticipation of COSM, MOD, and MFX interfaces possibly winding up on the same page, I've tried to be consistent in presentation: Any "boxtops" that are lit up (i.e. colored) can be clicked to select the corresponding instrument or effect; otherwise they're just labels. MOD boxes have transluscent backgrounds to distinguish them from MFX or post-FX.)
This change - and a few labeling tricks on rotaries - made things so much more compact that I was able to put COSM synths and COSM guitars all on the same page. I'm thinking about putting the MFX UI's on a similar diet, and trying to get those down to 2 pages rather than 3.
So there it is. I now have room to optimize the few outstanding time/rate controls. (Tap tempo on S1 has been serving well as a workaround.) Expect that in the next rev. along with some improvements to the PCM1/2 interface.