ROLAND /BOSS - The future redefined (May-June 2017 new product launches)

Started by admin, May 20, 2017, 10:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

http://experience.roland.com/tfr2017a/

Roland
The Future. Redefined.
New Product Stream
"The thrill and excitement of creative experience"
26th MAY 1st JUNE 20th JUNE 23rd JUNE
online Twitter conversation
#RolandTFR
26th MAY
(Drums / Percussion)
7:00 am (UTC)- English
9:00 am (UTC)- Japanese
26th MAY Drums / Percussion
1st JUNE Guitar Products
1st JUNE Guitar Products
1st JUNE Pro Video
1st JUNE Pro Video
20th JUNE Synthesizer
20th JUNE Synthesizer
23rd JUNE Guitar Products
Roland
BOSS
Cloud-based Virtual Instruments
Roland Cloud
V-MODA
SHARE THIS PAGE   
Copyright © 2017 Roland Corporation

admin

June 1 - Look for Two new Guitar Products

June 23 - Look for Four new Guitar Products

Elantric

I do expect a higher end GT-100 replacement

In this era when folks are spending $1,000 for competing DSP Amp modelers, they are "leaving cash on the table" by not competing

gumtown

Since everything seems to be based on a subset of the GT-100,
The GT-100 is hardly the current flagship anymore, at over 5 years old.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

Quote from: gumtown on May 20, 2017, 07:19:25 PM
Since everything seems to be based on a subset of the GT-100,
The GT-100 is hardly the current flagship anymore, at over 5 years old.

Agreed

I would be over the moon with happiness if they finally released a successor to the 2007 VG-99

( the calendar date of 2017 matches my several year old prediction for an expected new product arrival  release)   

but we may just get a GR-55 refresh  - seeing how that product is now over 6 years old 

And I know many of the IC components employed in the current models are now on a last time buy "EOF" (End of Life)  and soon to be obsolete.

So I expect a successor to the GT-100 and possibly the GT-001 as well, refreshed with modern 2017 components and a color display   
But I have no direct knowledge  - just intuition.

And in 2017 Color LCD screens are 1/10 the cost they used to be in 2011

Elantric

gumtown

I can only imagine,
the GT-200 with colour screen and scribble strips on the pedals, going head-to-head with the L6 Helix.  ;D

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mooncaine

Quote from: Elantric on May 20, 2017, 07:30:56 PMI would be over the moon with happiness if they finally released a successor to the 2007 VG-99

Ditto.

Smash

The one thing COSM amps never seem to nail for me is high gain lead tones. Always struggled with DI lead tones on VG99 - cleans and crunches are no problem. Havent heard any what I'd call "gotta have it" lead tones on any subsequent COSM stuff. Not sure what it is about them.

If they're going to go head to head with Helix they need to up their game in that one respect.

alexmcginness

Quote from: Smash on May 26, 2017, 01:22:32 PM
The one thing COSM amps never seem to nail for me is high gain lead tones. Always struggled with DI lead tones on VG99 - cleans and crunches are no problem. Havent heard any what I'd call "gotta have it" lead tones on any subsequent COSM stuff. Not sure what it is about them.

If they're going to go head to head with Helix they need to up their game in that one respect.

Why dont you try modeling whatever lead tone you like into the 99 using Har-Bal?
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

lumena

my bet on this is a new looper - roland's loopers are getting a little old in the tooth.

aliensporebomb

Quote from: Smash on May 26, 2017, 01:22:32 PM

I've got a few high gain tones that really works - stand by on that one!  Separate thread forthcoming.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

mchad

So there's going to be six lots of guitar announcements? So six different products? Intriguing!

gumtown

Quote from: mchad on May 29, 2017, 10:01:53 PM
So there's going to be six lots of guitar announcements? So six different products? Intriguing!

Could be new Boss Guitar strings sold individually, a new string gauge announced each day.

But I am hoping for more than that, I shall wait and hold my breath........  :)

Smash

Katana brand amp modelling multi FX with SY300 style pseudo synth FX block (hopefully they'll have ripped an EHX 9 pedal apart and come up with their own version of events to get other keyboard tones like the Rhodes/Hammond etc. and they'll amaze everyone with a piano!! :p)

mchad

Well it's 10am on the 1st of June here and I know nothing. Gumtown is even further into the 1st of June. He must know something. Gumtown? Gumtown?

gumtown

mchad

And still I wait....patiently, expectantly....for a ....Waza Slow Gear.  :P

Sevenmodes

Quote from: gumtown on May 31, 2017, 05:56:34 PM
It's nearly 1:00pm 1st June here, still nothing.

http://experience.roland.com/tfr2017a/

The first release on the 26th was 07:00 UTC, right. So, if this one is the same... then about 4 more hours?

Sevenmodes

Also... the SPD One Kick seems very cool. I have my GT-100 set up to trigger midi kicks on a macbook, but this is great for a grab and go "coffee shop or sidewalk" set.

Smash

Great little live unit - holding out for a flagship product later this month. Please, please, please, please....

gumtown

BOSS MS-3

Pedalboard Integration Evolved

The MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher is a new-concept pedalboard solution that maximizes your creative options by combining a world-class multi-effects engine and multi-pedal switcher in one small, dedicated unit. Now, anyone can put together a professional effects system that's incredibly compact, extremely light, and versatile enough to achieve nearly any sound imaginable. The MS-3 is a sonic powerhouse capable of running six internal pedal effects at once while seamlessly integrating three of your favorite external pedals. It also offers deep rig control capabilities, allowing you to switch amp channels, adjust effects in real time, work with MIDI devices, and more. With the MS-3, it's easy to create a portable board or fly rig without the compromises associated with traditional loop switchers and all-in-one multi-effects units.

•Powerful integrated solution for creating a compact professional pedalboard
•Unlimited sound creation with six simultaneous pedal effects and audio loops for connecting three external pedals
•112 built-in effects types for guitar and bass, including delays, reverbs, mod/pitch effects, overdrives, distortions, and more
•Intuitive user interface for easy patch creation
•Backlit LCD, editing knobs, and panel LEDs for on/off status of loops and effects
•Control assign, wave pedal, and other functions for deep real-time expression
•Equipped with numerous jacks for amp channel switching, effects control, and more
•MIDI output for working with MIDI-enabled effects
•Built-in tuner, noise suppressor, and global EQ
•USB for patch creation and backup via free MS-3 Editor/Librarian software