GP-10 - A tip of the hat to Ainsoph

Started by Rhcole, March 11, 2017, 01:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

Well, I've been on fire posting patches here lately. I am about to slow down, as I want to start CREATING music, not just making patches. Plus, I now have many of the sounds I like for the GP.

I have to credit Ainsoph for this burst on inspiration, though. I had put my GP-10 away for over a year due to my irritation with some of its limitations and cable problems I was having. A new Gittler cable totally changed my attitude about being willing to use 13 pin as it eliminated the crackling and pops that had caused to to stop using hex.

But, it was Ainsoph's patches that made me rethink the GP-10 itself - "Wow, you can do THAT with it?"
...and I had just spent months programming the SY-300, which has amazing limitations that you have to learn how to work around.

So, I sat back and asked myself how I could bring MY voice to the patches here. Like 'em or lump em these are the kinds of sounds I hear in my head. So now, some of them are in YOUR heads.

Hey thanks, Ainsoph, it's been a blast!

Elantric

"Wow, you can do THAT with it?" - sums up a lot of the activity here

thanks for everyone's contributions and sharing new concepts / patches !

chrish

Hear,here, bravo vguitar members and staff. A breath of fresh air on the interweb for sure.:-)

Chumly

I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

ainsoph

Quote from: Rhcole on March 11, 2017, 01:47:40 PM
"Well, I've been on fire posting patches here lately"
"I have to credit Ainsoph for this burst on inspiration, though"
"But, it was Ainsoph's patches that made me rethink the GP-10 itself"
"Hey thanks, Ainsoph, it's been a blast!"

Friend , so nice to hear that along with so many new cool patches you created ! Thank you for your "output" :)