Author Topic: Fretlight cable: can anyone help with cable pinout?  (Read 556 times)

Offline hanson

Fretlight cable: can anyone help with cable pinout?
« on: April 06, 2016, 03:51:19 PM »
Just bought recently used Fretlight strat guitar for experimenting, and the 8 pin-to-usb cable was missing.
There are no fretlight dealers as far as I know, and they are selling accessories directly/online.
So it is $15 for cable and $93 for Fedex delivery to my location for 3m cableā€¦ and I think I would have to pay customs duties/taxes because of the total price is more than the limit. I can try different "tricks', but the minimum price will be approx. $60 for cable. What I think is too much for just 'advanced' usb cable.
So if anyone can give pinout schematic for 8 PIN MIDI DIN to 4 PIN USB cable (+I guess 3 additional pins are used for conventional double latching/momentary spdt-switching pedal, and 1 pin is not connected) - your help will be much appreciated.

Offline Elantric

Re: Fretlight cable: can anyone help with cable pinout?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 07:08:43 PM »
All connector pins are referenced from the outside view

SEE PDF ATTACHED

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 07:10:30 PM by Elantric »

Offline hanson

Re: Fretlight cable: can anyone help with cable pinout?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 05:28:35 AM »
Wow, F A N T A S T I C !
Thank you very much for your efforts. Sure, it would help not only me - especially, to those people who don't need the connection of additional switching pedal.
Just will order 8 PIN DIN now...

P.S.: though, I think, fretlight footswitch uses stereo jack/socket and 3 pins in DIN - the 'ring' is somewhere
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:53:19 PM by hanson »

Offline admsustainiac