Boss GP-10 Internal Pics

Started by Elantric, July 15, 2014, 12:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Boss GP-10 Internal Pics

It would appear that the GK13 Input PCB board on Boss GP-10 is similar to GR-55 GK13 input PCB board - and very likely the RMC OPT-01 Input Sub Freq Filter board for GR-55 will also work with GP-10
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3236.0

Observe there are two non populated SMT headers near the USB input and main DSP/pSOC IC  on the GP-10's DSP PCB - but I figure these are JTAG / boundary scan  R&D Test headers - not MIDI I/O!

Elantric

Boss GP-10 employs four AKM AK5357VT 24 bit stereo A/Ds that feature 102 dB Dynamic Range
http://www.akm.com/akm/en/file/datasheet/AK5357VT.pdf

mbenigni

QuoteObserve there are two non populated SMT headers near the USB input and main DSP/pSOC IC  on the GP-10's DSP PCB - but I figure these are JTAG / boundary scan  R&D Test headers - not MIDI I/O!

:(

In any case... nice to finally be seeing pics inside the GP10!

MusicOverGear

Elantric, is there room to remove the PSU strain relief and put a 1/4" jack there? I want to add a small transformer (gooped in place with silicone) and a balanced output. I get a small amount of noise using a guitar cable from the output at high gain on my powered monitor, and I don't want to drag around a DI

admin

Yes, you could add an XLR jack , but would require a hole on the side. No room on the back.

MusicOverGear

K thanks. Gonna have to figure out when to do the surgery, just in case I brick it LOL

MusicOverGear

Elantric, are those two brass(isn)-colored standoffs meant for a rack mount kit? I mean are they for mounting in general. Wait, I guess what I really mean is are they sturdy enough to be suitable for mounting to my pedalboard

The little dimples on the exterior look just like old Roland rack mount dimples

Elantric

There is no "Rack Kit" for Gp-10 - The two internal tall brass / copper colored standoffs in middle of unit attach to the GP-10's bottom cover with screws

It prevents the GP-10 Chassis from flexing under pressure from the Expression pedal  -see the two related dimples on the Black Bottom cover on top of pic below

On pic below, on the far right side of the DC Power Inlet jack there is just enough room for an additional 1/4 jack.

MusicOverGear

Okay, cool. But what I'm getting at is do you think it's a good risk to mount the GP-10 by these? Are the standoffs strong enough (probably - all disclaimers, etc) to hold the weight of the GP-10, or are they really meant only to hold on the bottom half of the enclosure?

I'm going to crack mine open and look for myself, but I'm not an engineer or anything. My judgement about such things has a poor record LOL

admin

Myself for rack mounting I would obtain a sliding rack shelf and velcro the GP-10 to the shelf.

likewise use velcro for a pedalboard

MusicOverGear

Okay looking at it myself the screws are TINY. I think the screws along the outside - the ones that thread directly into the other half of the enclosure - those are a better bet for mounting the GP-10

Elantric

QuoteOkay looking at it myself the screws are TINY. I think the screws along the outside - the ones that thread directly into the other half of the enclosure - those are a better bet for mounting the GP-10

FWIW - all black screws on  bottom of GP-10 are same size

MusicOverGear

Yeah I was surprised to learn that. I have a GI-20 and it had a screw in the middle specifically for mounting the unit, but its screw was MUCH bigger. Also I don't know what it attached to inside.

In the end I tried something new: I used the center screws on the edge of the enclosure to tie the chassis to a strip of nylon strap (from a cast-off camera bag). The strap in turn is fastened into threaded inserts I installed on the pedalboard.

I wouldn't put it on a trailer like that, but I'll be surprised if it fails just ambling around town. Time will tell.

admin

Quote from: MusicOverGear on July 21, 2014, 03:23:03 PM
Yeah I was surprised to learn that. I have a GI-20 and it had a screw in the middle specifically for mounting the unit, but its screw was MUCH bigger. Also I don't know what it attached to inside.

In the end I tried something new: I used the center screws on the edge of the enclosure to tie the chassis to a strip of nylon strap (from a cast-off camera bag). The strap in turn is fastened into threaded inserts I installed on the pedalboard.

I wouldn't put it on a trailer like that, but I'll be surprised if it fails just ambling around town. Time will tell.

the Old 1/2" rack width  Boss SE-50 / SE70 / VF1  / JC-1010 had similar "dimple" in middle of the chassis bottom

- for the Roland RAD50 Rack adapter

admin

More Boss GP-10 Internal pics

aliensporebomb

Wow - for all the capability it just seems like it's not that much.  Did anyone take similar pictures inside a VG-99?
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

gumbo

Quote from:  philjynx on June 14, 2019, 03:06:54 AM
Hi, six of the pics are unreachable  :'(
eg The requested URL /uploads/source/1952014/1405454289_535918727_P1010188.JPG was not found on this serverfull link:https://www.snapagogo.com/uploads/source/1952014/1405454289_535918727_P1010188.JPG

Edit: The interweb is very weird, they are all showing now!

...like I said before, Phil....   ...get used to it; it's Brexit...    ;D
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

gumbo

A wombat eats roots and leaves....couldn't be one of them...    8)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...