Creating A Click Track

Started by LukeB, June 28, 2015, 01:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LukeB

Hi All,
First post for some time and I'm looking for some advice.

I've been using my GT-100, RC-300 and GR-55 for some time now and one issue that always seems to come up in my band is keeping correct timing. Especially when using the RC-300 Loop Station.

And so I was wondering if I could get some ideas of what others are doing to keep everyone on time.

If using a click track, how is it created and transmitted to everyone that needs it (usually the drummer).

Thanks for any ideas.

Cheers,
Luke

stratrat

Get a drum machine and MIDI sync it to the RC-300. Connect the drum machine output to your mixer, but only send it to the monitor buss, not to the mains.

Your drummer is still going to have to learn to play with a click (it's another learned skill and not a natural ability - most drummers are used to setting the tempo rather than following it). Best advice I ever got for playing drums to a click was: "Don't crank it too loud - when you can't hear the click, it means you're in time with it. When you hear the click it means you're drifting away from it".

Elantric

Also if you can place the drum machine close to the drummer he might have a visual of a flashing LED IN SYNC

Yamaha makes a pro device just for this application too