GR-55 - Acoustic guitar tuned down a step

Started by krouty, April 14, 2013, 03:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krouty

Hi
Would anyone happen to have a nice sounding acoustic guitar sound that is tuned down a whole step.  I have tired to create my own by modifying an existing preset,  but it sounded quite out of tune particularly on the bottom 3 strings.  Ive managed to do a couple of nice overdriven tones that are a full step down - but acoustic hasnt worked for me.  Frustrating me a bit!

papabuss

You should do it in the Master/Other section. But also control the PITCH settings in the PCM 1 and 2 and in the COSM. If they are different then it causes this problem.
P.S. Your normal pickup can't be tuned. (So deactivate it.)
If you can't solve the problem, post the patch please.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Brent Flash

Quote from: krouty on April 14, 2013, 03:34:56 AM
I have tired to create my own by modifying an existing preset,  but it sounded quite out of tune particularly on the bottom 3 strings.
Most of the time these tuning problems with alternate tuning are the result of the player hearing the acoustic sound of the string along with the alternate tuned sound. The way to convince most people that this is what is happening is to have them record a track with it and they usually hear that it sounds fine. There have been rare occasions where something else is wrong but usually it is hearing the untuned acoustic sound. Hope this helps!  :)

the-destructor

I can actually "feel" the difference in pitch, let alone hear it. DRIVES ME NUTZ!!!