GR-55 - Different Tunings of all types

Started by glassjawslipknot, November 12, 2012, 12:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassjawslipknot

I made a bulk patch list of 20+ alternate tunings. These include ones I've done previously, but I've added from .5 step down tunings clear till 5 whole steps. I've included drop tunings on each.

I wanted all my alternate tuning patches together so I could scroll through them in a more logical manner.

These are tunings many bands use, Staind, Dry Kill Logic, Korn, Deftones, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Toad The Wet Sprocket etc... The list goes on. Probably best if each is tweaked for whatever song you are playing. But this will get you started.

Elantric

papabuss

Quote from: glassjawslipknot on November 12, 2012, 12:06:27 PM
I made a bulk patch list of 20+ alternate tunings. These include ones I've done previously, but I've added from .5 step down tunings clear till 5 whole steps. I've included drop tunings on each.

I wanted all my alternate tuning patches together so I could scroll through them in a more logical manner.

These are tunings many bands use, Staind, Dry Kill Logic, Korn, Deftones, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Toad The Wet Sprocket etc... The list goes on. Probably best if each is tweaked for whatever song you are playing. But this will get you started.
As I've already said before: You are doing a good job here for the GR55 patches.
Can't check them all today.
But in advance :THX for posting! :)
Karma +1 ;)
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

glassjawslipknot

Just glad that I have a tool that offers the ability to do all of this :D In my infinite wisdom I've forgotten to include standard Drop D... lol So I'll re-upload with that one included.

glassjawslipknot

I worked up a little reference so to speak of what the tunings will be called by note rather than by step reference. Also included are the amount of half steps each string is tuned down. Eventually I'll work out the tunings provided by the GR-55 (Open Tunings and Such) Most of the bands I know of stay in the drop C and above range. A few go down to Drop B and A. I'm not aware of anyone that goes lower. But hey, why not :)

glassjawslipknot

gumbo

Dang it!

...now I AM gonna have to buy one of those Grrrr55 critters....

...just when I thought my life was getting simpler... :'(

Thanks for your work on this (I think!!)   ::)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

photonutalan1

Quote from: glassjawslipknot on November 13, 2012, 08:33:03 AM
I worked up a little reference so to speak of what the tunings will be called by note rather than by step reference. Also included are the amount of half steps each string is tuned down. Eventually I'll work out the tunings provided by the GR-55 (Open Tunings and Such) Most of the bands I know of stay in the drop C and above range. A few go down to Drop B and A. I'm not aware of anyone that goes lower. But hey, why not :)

Thank you VERY much for this; it's a great resourc!

glassjawslipknot

No problem! Glad to help out the community in any way I can. I think the GR-55 is worth the price simply for alternate tuning possibilities alone, even though it does so much more. Morpheus Drop Tune and the Whammy DT allow you to drop the entire guitar a certain amount of steps, but none allow you to individually tune each string up or down 24 half steps in either direction. In my opinion, both of those pedals suck at what they due past more than 4 half steps. The amount of gear it would take to cover these possibilities is endless, and near impossible to accomplish given to physical limitations of the guitar. I'm learning all sorts of new tunes I never tried due to difficult tunings!

I'll be constantly evolving this patch list,  I'm thinking it may be useful to break out the generic tuning patches in one, and ones geared towards specific songs in the other which will probably come some time in the future.

glassjawslipknot

Another reference for open tunings provided by the GR55, and tunings that are not provided by it. I'll be adding these to the patch list in the coming days and re-upload it.

I believe B# and E# are the same as Open C and Open F tunings so they are not included.

I've included standard baritone guitar tunings so you can get a sense of what they are, but I will not be including them as the down tunings I've already created cover those bases.

glassjawslipknot

Here are the patches separated out. One for drop tunings, one for open, and a separate for Songs in alternate tunings (ones I've done)

piero2