GR-55 - Want to sound like two guitars at the same time? - Patches included

Started by paults, September 11, 2011, 09:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paults

Something occured to me last night that worked so well  i wanted to share it right away. I did it on a break, with instant results :)

Here's an alternate tuning that works really well when the normal guitar is also in the patch. It puts the "other" guitar into a different chord voicing  The good news is: You don't have to be careful when you use it to avoid bum notes.   Because it is just octave up/down/unison, it never goes out of tune, no matter what chord voicing you play.   

E muted
A unison
D +1 octave
G +1 octave
B unison
e -1 oct

I made it switchable - press CTL and the COSM guitar changes tuning and goes to MFX with the normal guitar in the amp model. With normal electric/COSM electric, the two separate amps improve the separation between the parts. You can experiment with a slight delay on just the COSM guitar to widen it out, too.

Adding an acoustic to the electric works really well. For acoustic players, it is a great way to add/remove textures during a song.  Alt tuned organ/strings etc. sound great this way.

I'll eventually post a couple of patches (my GR is usually in the road case, packed with the other gig stuff) but this is simple enough to share as a concept, and I'm finding it to be really useful.

UPDATE to the ORIGINAL POST: patches included.

Naphthol

that looks like fun, i'll have to give it a try later today.

Jeremy Hall

Hey this works great!  Thanks for this Paults  8)

J

paults

I've added "two guitars at once" patches to the original post in this thread.

kenact

Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

ecca

tekrytor

SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

aserg

mbenigni