GR-55 - 4-string Ukulele

Started by noisemaker, May 02, 2011, 06:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noisemaker

Hi! I think it's about time that I contribute to this great forum...  :)

This is an guitar patch to mimic the sound of a 4-string ukulele (the 5th and 6th string are muted, of course).
The tuning is from low (4th string) to high (1st string) is:  g c e a (tuned an octave higher).

turenko

Hello, i have modified the patch a little bit on tunning and to use the COSM sound that i found more close to the real sound... but for any reason when i try to Write on the GR-55 the patch turns again to PCM2 (ukulele 1) and disable the COSM Model 12 AC Nylon...
can anyone help me out with this issue?

this is the patch that i have created:

thanks!
Brian Moore iGuitar 9.13
KRAMER Richie Sambora 1989 with gk-3
Squier Japan 1989 with Gk-2
Takamine EF 291M(E) with Gk-3

Sedgewick

It looks like if your assign 1 and 2 was left on, the CTL pedal would would switch the PCM status.

turenko

oK, Sedgewick i will try to see if the assignment is correct... but i do think that it is strange to put only the COSM sound on and when  i press write it turns off and turns the PCM 2 on! ...
Brian Moore iGuitar 9.13
KRAMER Richie Sambora 1989 with gk-3
Squier Japan 1989 with Gk-2
Takamine EF 291M(E) with Gk-3

Sedgewick

I've had the same type of thing happen numerous times.  Usually it's because I was modifying an existing patch, and didn't notice an assign or pedal assignment setting remained from the previous one.  For this reason, many users recommend starting from scratch by first initializing the patch.

scribble58

Really like your Ukelele patch, especially the second one. Sounds great. Thanks,
EVH Wolfgang
Yamaha PAC402 Tele
Yamaha RGX2
Line 6 POD GO
Fishman TriplePlay (Windows Laptop)
Jam Origin MIDI GUITAR 2
NI Rig Kontrol 3 for Audio Interface/patch Switching
Boss Katana 100 v1 - GA-FC