How to build a Guitar In + GK controllers for GR55?

Started by intergalatico, November 30, 2014, 06:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

intergalatico

Hello fellows,

this is my first post and I just buyed my Gr-55 a couples of weeks ago. I am very impressed by the possibilities but like a lot of people here, I wish I had more controllers.

I read a lot (really, a LOT! ) of posts here about these question but I never had a feeling that in the end someone came with a end version solution for this case. (Thx for this amazing Forum, very good information and very, very good expertises here!).

Here is what I want to build in a extra box:

1. Normal guitar input with buffering and the possibility to use as a monophonic synth (using one pin from a single string).
2. GK Pickup Out and In to use some effects that I have (probally a Wah but maybe a HD500)
3. Have 2 footswitches with activity LED  to use as S1 and S2
4. A Expression Pedal input to use with some Expression/Volume Pedal to control the GK Volume

I did a reserch and tought I could use the housing and switches of these inexpensive footswitch:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/lead_foot_fs2.htm

And these Expression pedal:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/lead_foot_lfx1.htm

I have patience and some good experience with iron solder but don't ask me questions about the eletronics...

Do some very nice soul have a very clear diagram or other media that could help me into this? I will be so gratefull!

A. Did you guys think is that possible?
B. Can I use this GK functions on the foot and still have the possibility to use the normal controls on the Guitar? (for example: Bank change is nice to have on the floor but pickup change I like to have on the guitar)

Thank you very much and loocking forward to beginn to build this piece!

(sorry for my bad english!)

cheers!

Brent Flash

Elantric

#1, #4 are possible.

#2, #3 are not.

intergalatico

Thank you Brent!

Elantric, thank you! But how can I do it?

Chreers