BOSS RC-50 Issues

Started by adambass, May 04, 2014, 08:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adambass

Hi all,

I've recently bought used BOSS RC-50 unit. I don't have any experiance with this kind of equipment, but I'm pretty sure that what I'm facing right now isn't completely normal.

But getting to the point, I have 2 problems with the unit:

• Firstly, I noticed that when I choose "RECORD->OVERDUB->PLAY" manner of the REC pedal I'm pointing with the issue, that first overdub that I'm making (when I'm switching from RECORD to OVERDUB to be more precisely) is damaged. To be exact - it is missing the part of the first sound that I made in the second layer (Phrase is the same ofcourse). I found the workaround for this: when I'm recording I need to firstly go to PLAY by pressing STOP pedal (well... I don't need to have RECORD->OVERDUB->PLAY setting here, do I?) and in the third layer I'm record the whole first sound.
  • The second issue is acctually more annoying for me. I haven't found any information about someone have the same issue. Here it goes. I'm setting SINGLE record mode, turning Tempo Sync option to OFF on all phrases and setting Phrase Change to LOOP END. Quantizer is off. And here - I have set some Patch to this settings and I have tried to set this modes manually before recording. This is very important - THIS ISSUE HAPPENS AFTER TURNING ON BOSS RC-50. I'm recording on Phrase 1 three layers. Then I'm moving to Phrase 2 and after first layer I'm hearing that it acts like Tempos Sync was on for this Phrase (nasty sound of the recording). I'm stoping and playing one more time Phrase 2 and this time it sounds OK. So I'm deleting both Phrases and starting again. This time everything records and plays OK. So I am recording 3rd phrase - and the same issue. Until I record and then play 3rd phrase and then delete. After this - all 3 phrases acctually have Tempo Sync turned to OFF (and not only display says that, but this time it works).

Did any of you point the same problems?

Cheers,
Adam