Smite

Started by tekrytor, June 22, 2012, 10:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekrytor

I figured out what the smite link is for:
Guys like Lee.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=6159.0

The "dude's" meds are not working, sorry. His tirades and rudeness to the membership are over the line. He had the best talent on this forum repeatedly and very KINDLY try to help him, only for him to be disrespectful in return. I wanted to join the crescendo (e.g. Grytpype-Thynn's excellent remarks and Elantric's admirable restraint and advice, among others)  in support of the proper forum ettiquette, but Elantric rightfully locked the thread, thus my new topic herewith.

Maybe the smite link is an additional way for users to show their support in such cases. Especially for those members uncomfortable voicing their frustration. Enough smites and goodbye. >:(

For the non-Californian's, "Dude" can be a term of endearment when spoken with respect among friends.

SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

Elantric

The saying "Three strikes and your out" sums it up.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3030.0

He was just plain too disruptive and required too much baby sitting for public forum participation at this time.

Lee seemed adroit at breaking three rules each day he was here. (Many of his post have now been edited and the attacks have been removed)

Although this quote:
Let me tell you something: If you get to retire young you can easily become a person who no longer kisses ass, if he doesn't have to and you can become very bold in your honesty. That's me alright.  :-X

Reminded me a bit of:

QuoteComic quote: "I got married because I got tired of completing my own sentences."

And my own temporary feeling of renewed self Over empowerment, right after my divorce back in '94

But our Forum Rules exist for a reason. Each of us must take personal responsibility for our actions here, and as I have stated before  - the whole point of this forum is to share advice and help each other get the most from the tools we use. We are all volunteers. Not affiliated by any manufacturer, and solely funded by your donations.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=1751.0 

Although due to these recent events, today I changed the Forum settings to allow Guests to view the Forum more than "Two Views per day" - to cut down on the total newbie redundant posts.

So this whole  episode might be classified as a positive outcome for lurkers and guest viewers.

And for new members,  I reduced the Captchas (required for the first 3 posts) to a more moderate level for recognition.

Now that we are over 7,000 members, and we have a fair amount of exposure, the old restriction on Guests for only 2 views per day to read the posts on our forum meant total newbies must sign up to read and learn all the important concepts we present here. Those days are over.

But Id rather they hold off signing up for a while if all they are going to do is a repeat performance of this behaviour :
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=6159.0

Note to Newbies: Take time browse and click and READ the topics with titles that attract you for a while  - take your time to do that FIRST  - AND USE SEARCH
and READ THE PRIOR POSTS and links within!

Before succoming to short attention span and ego, then joining here just to make posts asking the same top 5 questions over and over( that have already been answered dozens of times already.) Simply because you are too lazy to use a search engine.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4006.0
Use your search tool of choice (You do use a search engine right?)  Bing, Yahoo, Google, etc - search anything GR-55 or VG-99 related and the URL link to the VGuitarforums answer is right on the page 1 

For example, using Google to search for "GR-55 Guitar to MIDI" results in several hits that include the appropriate post here at VGuitarForums.

LPHovercraft

"Don't smite me, Dude!"
Houston Haynes - LPHovercraft

montyrivers

Privledged, much.  You'd think he thought y'all were on the clock for posting tech help on these forums.   ???

Oh well.

tekrytor

Quote from: LPHovercraft on June 23, 2012, 11:08:50 AM
"Don't smite me, Dude!"
No way, Dude! You're a contributor LP, and a Stick player. We need  both.
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

aliensporebomb

The whole thing seemed strange - I kept cringing.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

LPHovercraft

I just was being oblique with a meme reference - "Don't taze me, bro!"

:)
Houston Haynes - LPHovercraft

jburns

i think it was brent who called some of my 1st few posts "colorful" which was genius to sum it in one word. altho i still don't have much of a problem being sarcastically flavorful against certain issues, I've don't believe I've done any cursing since asked not to. it is odd for anyone to be arrogant towards the guys that help them with their questions. even my attitude respects that. especially in this group where everyone is on the same side. some ppl just like to argue and be difficult sadly not much can be done about that.

Mrchevy

Perhaps the "dude" just needs to drink less coffee. After reading that thread, I now have a a a a a a brain cramp  ;D. The squirrel that's chasing the acorn in the movie " ICE AGE " comes to mind. I want all of you to know I greatly appreciate all I have learned from this forum and you are all the best....( insert arse kiss here) ;D
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

tekrytor

Sadly, I suspect the guy may have some dependency issues. Those rants remind me of talks with my brother, a lifelong alcoholic. The toggles between "poor me, gimme a break" and "ain't I wonderful and omnipotent" are extreme. I hope that's not the case, but it's all too prevalent. Especially among musicians, and tazer operators.

Thanks LP for the clarification. I usually try NOT to watch the news for political reasons. It's usually all lies, IMO. So your witticism went right over my head the first time. But after reading your reply, I remembered that case where the cops kept taserng that guy on video, and him begging the cops to stop. Screwed up world. But that is a good analogy.

Maybe our dude was on the caffeinated booze, for that bipolar effect. My old bass player liked to drink coffee with red wine, and then get verbally combative. He called it his "festival mix", for maintaining both buzzes at those all weekend concerts. Shout back if you're out there Thomas. You know who you are. I tried it at Rock Over Germany in 98. On the third day I started hallucinating, just in time for the artist formerly known as prince. Who knew? Great show: "Gentlemen, let's broaden our minds. Lawrence! Party Man,  Parry Ma-an...", awful drink. My blain bred...did I ever tell you about my karate karaoke? Black plastic with a hole in the middle. Black plastic with a hole in the middle. I promise not to do this again, ever.

G

Hahaha this guys thread was awesome to read!  Probably not very fun to participate in.

Guys like that you need to have some sympathy for... they're hurting inside.  I'd have loved to chat with him

fuzzfactory

some folks don't "get it" .....this place ROCKS and let me say THANK YOU!!!!!
oh and use the search  ;D