VGuitar Forums is now Tapatalk-enabled for iPhone and Android!

Started by Slackjaw, September 24, 2010, 05:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slackjaw

VGuitar Forums is now Tapatalk-enabled!

What is Tapatalk?
Tapatalk is an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Nokia which enables easy and native browsing of a forum with the plugin installed.

OK, What can it do?
Tapatalk enables easy browsing of a forum by giving a easy and structured layout of forums. Not only you can read the forums and topics, but also reply to them and create new ones. Apart from the standard topics/posts, it has support for PM viewing and replying. You can also view your subscribed topics, latest posts of the forum, who's online, others profiles. All that in a seamless integrated user interface with the phone. Also it allows you upload photos straight from the app to SMF forum as an attachment!

How much does it cost?
Currently the Blackberry and Nokia versions are in beta, iPhone and Android have 2 versions. One is free but it has read-only features, the full version with write features costs $2.99.

Where can I get it?
iPhone Lite version and the full version are in the App Store.
Android versions can be obtained at Android market.
My Rig: Brian Moore i2.13 > Guitar Rig 4 and Roland GR-09 > Ableton Live 8 Suite > Alesis  MasterControl > Little Dot 1+ > Allesandro MS-1 Headphones > My Head > My Soul

Brent Flash

A2theT

I can browse the forum nicely with regular blackberry browser but it doesn't show up at all in Tapatalk beta for blackberry.

"Sent from my bb"
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Brent Flash

Slackjaw

My Rig: Brian Moore i2.13 > Guitar Rig 4 and Roland GR-09 > Ableton Live 8 Suite > Alesis  MasterControl > Little Dot 1+ > Allesandro MS-1 Headphones > My Head > My Soul

Slackjaw

OK.  All set and working on my iPhone.  Search for VGuitar!

Brent Flash

Slackjaw

I find this much easier to use and navigate than just using the browser.

A2theT

Worx on my crackberry 9700 now.  Thx SlackRob!
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Slackjaw

I really like this Tapatalk integration.  I've been enjoying being back around on these forums lately!  But it does make me long to have my vg-99 back.  But most unfortunately my music gear kitty remains quite empty.  :(  Oh well...sooner or later!

Anyway...Tapatalk is great!

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

A2theT

Quote from: A to the T on September 25, 2010, 03:37:55 PM
Worx on my crackberry 9700 now.  Thx SlackRob!

except that I see my reply via tapatalk doesn't show that it came from a mobile phone..... whereas if i reply via mobile browser it does
HEAVY on the METAL

Slackjaw

There's a setting in the Tapatalk app for the iPhone.  Guessing there's one for the BB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A2theT

Unfortunately the BB app is beta with minimal options.
HEAVY on the METAL

LPHovercraft

Nicely done. I like the integration. Definitely worth the asking price for the iPhone app.
Houston Haynes - LPHovercraft

LPHovercraft

BTW - when in Tapatalk and I go from the "Unread" to the "Participated" tab (in the iPhone app) I get a "This server has not enabled Tapatalk" error.
:-\
Houston Haynes - LPHovercraft