Floyd Rose FRX Tremolo System

Started by Elantric, February 25, 2015, 08:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Published on Nov 21, 2014
Years in the making, the Floyd Rose FRX Tremolo System has finally been approved and manufactured! This is the official instructional video, where Floyd himself guides you through the installation and possible set-up variations of this revolutionary system. The FRX is designed to retrofit Gibson-style guitars, and comes with both standard and metric posts to retrofit both Gibson and Epiphone guitars, along with many other guitar brands that utilize the Tune-O-Matic bridge and tailpiece combo. The bridge can be easily set up blocked (EVH style), fully floating and a new variation called "assisted floating" for better tuning stability than ever before on a floating Floyd Rose system. No routing is required, only two small wood screws are necessary to mount the FRX locking nut behind your guitar's existing nut!

Thanks for watching, and feel free to contact support@floydrose.com with any questions!

If you would like to be one of the first guitarists to pre-order and receive this system, pre-order directly from www.FloydRose.com !

Elantric

couldnt  resist

Floyd Rose on Gypsy guitar really works - a joke recording of J'attendrai / J'attetremolo

Now_And_Then

Quote from: Elantric on February 25, 2015, 08:04:43 PMa joke recording of J'attendrai / J'attetremolo

That might be a "joke recording' but I consider that to be some beautiful playing - I'm tremendously impressed.

autodidactic

So cool! I wonder if the FRX could be paired with a Ghost system? I would love to slap one of these onto an explorer.  8)
1965 Gibson J45
1979 Gibson ES347
90's Epiphone Joe Pass
80's Yamaha Classical
Bouzouki by Dekavalas

hippietim

Floyd has been working on that thing forever.  It's cool that he finally got it to market.  The price is right too.

Smash

Really interested in these

I bought a Stetsbar for my Yamaha MSG Standard because I need a reversible, non destructive  solution. After talking to the distributor and whether it would work or not. they said the stock bridge wouldn't allow enough adjustment to get the action down but that they down have some machined down bridges which should work. Well having fitted it and strung it up some year and a half after buying (I know!) actually it can't get down low enough which is a real shame as it works brilliantly and holds tune irrespective of up or down use.

My only other option now is the Floyd but I don't want to buy another trem that may fit and then have to sell it on at a loss unused if it doesn't adjust as needed.

Anyone have any practical experience with one?

Frankster

Wow, that is one big ugly hunk of metal.

mooncaine

Nope, but I am acquainted with a fellow who gigs with a Rush tribute band, and his LP has a Kahler. Seems to work pretty darn well.

Vaultnaemsae

I had a very bad experience with one of these trems  >:(
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

ericar123

Kahler or Floyd Rose?

Quote from: Vaultnaemsae on August 21, 2017, 02:26:20 AM
I had a very bad experience with one of these trems  >:(

Elantric

HecticArt

I've got a Kahler on a Guild solid body that I bought in the mid 80's, and I've never had any trouble with it. Extremely stable and easy to string and use.

I've got a Floyd on an ESP that I bought about 3 years ago.
It's good, and is pretty stable.
It's a pain to restring though.
The fine tuners are a bit odd too. The string post seems to shift a smidge from time to time during fine tuning, requiring a little extra tuning. It's generally good though.

I've got a Bigsby on one of my Reverends. It's not much for heavy dives, but it does a good job. (Looks cool too.)

Vaultnaemsae

Floyd Rose FRX. I don't really know how to describe it but there's a pin in the base of the trem construction. It cracked during installation (gentle installation). Aside from that it wouldn't mount correctly on the old Carvin HF-2 I had. All in all, a massive disappointment though the company were very helpful with the whole sales/returns process.
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

BackDAWman

For me the steinberger systems were the best. The best usability and stability. Double stops? Not a problem! It was a real shame he sold it to Gibson. They no longer make the ZT3, which, in my opinion, is the best workhorse guitar (poor QA aside). If Ned made these today they would be unbeatable!