Natural Decay/Delay

Started by pajsh, August 14, 2014, 02:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pajsh

I've been using the GR55 live for 18 months now and starting to explore more challenging songs.

One aspect that I find frustrating is how some of the PCM tones don't have a natural decay so at the end of a solo you can't just hold the note and let it fall away. Obviously you can back off the volume but that doesn't work if you need to carry on with the guitar.

The particular song I'm working on is Iris by the GooGoo Dolls.

So, is there a way to get a natural decay on a PCM tone that doesn't have one.

PS (Bear in mind I'm using the modelling sound for the guitar and adding PCM1 strings via the Exp pedal with the solo kicked in and out PM2 Synth on the CTL all in the strange BDDDDD tuning the song requires).

Cricket

Maybe try experimenting with the "release" settings.  Lengthen the release little by little on the pcm voice and see how you like it... sometimes a little tweak goes a long way.

Also you might try the 2 release modes... I often prefer mode 2, which will forcibly decay a note on a given string when a second note is sounded.

You do need to stop sounding a note in order for the release to kick in, but that's kind of a "feel" thing.

Even so, remember that decay, as far as an ADSR is concerned, is NOT what we guitarists normally mean by "decay," i.e.: a note naturally tailing off.  The release settings will get you closer to this.

Worth a try, anyway.