GP-10 Boss Tone Central Live Sets

Started by Elantric, June 20, 2014, 04:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Boss recently added the Boss GP-10 Ambient LiveSet

http://bosstonecentral.com/liveset/detail/gp-10_ambient_collection/

1   DropA 4 Riff   Switchable clean sound and hi gain sound on CTL2.
2   Super Clean   Beautiful clean sound with modulation effects.
3   Dreamy Pad   Combination of slow pad and electric guitar. CTL1 controls rotary and expression pedal controls 'Reso Wah' (activated by CTL2)
4   Follow Me   Upper octave acoustic guitar sound added. Added normal pick up sound delays two beat.
5   Slow Pad+   Mixed sound of normal guitar and slow pad.
6   T.Wah&T.Dly   Poly FX T.Wah and dotted 8th note delay sound.
7   Dirty Crunch   Extreme distortion sound, speaker simulator purposely switched off.

aliensporebomb

Interesting "Slow Pad +" sounds almost exactly like my VG-99 "Etherius" patch.  :)

I definetely dig some of the other sounds though - not bad!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

sixeight

But for ambient stuff the VG99 is so much deeper. I like the sounds here, but some just need another layer, which the GP10 cannot deliver.

But in combination with some FX hosted in mainstage or some other host, the sky is the limit...

JeffVolume

I think the patches are getting better with this new set... the others needed alot of tweaking to be usable... most were just way to hot...
    I hope new sets keep being added, especially osc synth sets..

cplm

Boss recently added: Boss GP-10 Tuning Collection

http://bosstonecentral.com/liveset/detail/gp-10_tuning_collection/

1.  Fuzzy Wall  ---Grunge style sound with whole tone down.
2.  Reso Open E  ---Switchable resonator like acoustic guitar sound and crunch electric guitar sound.
3.  2capo Drop E  ---12 strings Rickenbacker sound upped a whole tone.
4.  ST Drop B  ---Hi-gain metal sound on low B tuning.
5.  +5th 12st  ---Electric guitar sound with higher 5th pitch.
6.  Nash Mix  ---Acoustic guitar and nashville tuning sound. CTL1 blends both sounds.
7.  -3step+2step  ---Acoustic sound placing the 'virtual' capo on the second fret. CTL2 shifts the pitch.

nervoteso

mark hjorthoy patches are great for dark music, the second one "swimming" looks like a Lycia song

cplm

Boss GP-10 Extra Collection 1

A selection of atmospheric and alternative textures. These sounds are designed to inspire you and add additional layers to your playing directly from your guitar, controlled naturally by your performance in real time.

http://bosstonecentral.com/liveset/detail/gp-10_extra_collection_1/

1. Canyon
An eerie delayed sitar tuned down an octave blended with a clean guitar sound sharing a modulated reverb.
--- CTL1 to return the sitar to regular tuning
--- CTL2: to toggle your normal guitar pickup sound on or off.
2. Fibonacci
Clean guitar with a modelled resonator tuned up a 5th through a fully wet delay giving a rhythmic or tribal feel to your picking. The delay of the regular guitar sound and modelled resonator are synchronised. Try with palm muted picking.
--- CTL1: Controls delay
--- CTL2: Switches off modelling EXP: Modelling volume
3. Snow Blind
An atmospheric sound with a deep bed of delay controlled by the EXP pedal. Normal pickup sound provides the delay with a sitar sound more prominent for picking.
--- CTL1: Adds more bite to the sitar by adding 12-String sound
--- CTL2: Removes some of the delay
4. Slow Dive?
A dark atmospheric pad from a GR-300 Synth model sits under a clean guitar with lots of reverb.
--- EXP pedal to control the pad volume
5. Less is More
Distant clean guitar with a huge reverb sound, pick delicately for subtle ambient guitar melodies and use dynamics to trigger the synth sound from mellow to a more cutting attack.
--- CTL1: Tap tempo for synth variation
--- CTL2: Holds the synth note
--- EXP sw: Alters the guitar EQ
6. Cut! Res!
An aggressive classic synth sound via the GR-300 synth mode.
--- EXP pedal controls the Cutoff and Resonance by varying amounts to provides a sweeping effects.
--- CTL1: Adds more drive from the AMP
--- CTL2: Adds a delay with a long feedback
7. NO2
A heavily effected pad sound with a panning tremolo sound via the WAVE SYNTH. Use picking dynamics to alter the pad texture.
--- CTL1: Adds a lightly overdriven guitar from your normal pickups.
--- CTL2: Toggles the pad panning effect
--- EXP: Synth volume, great for swell effects
8. Lost Souls
Haunting atmospheric sound with a pad via the regular guitar pickups whilst the modelling provides a clean electric guitar sound.
--- CTL1: Toggles the disturbing pitch shifted pad sound which adds the haunting choir, toggle this effect during playing.

cplm

Vernon Reid Collection

http://bosstonecentral.com/liveset/detail/vernon_reid_collection/

1. VernEchoLd3
Lead sound consisting of a modeled LP guitar running into a modeled 5150 Drive amp with ROOM reverb and EQ.
CTL1 turns on ANALOG delay.

2. IDSciCriSis
Lead sound consisting of the NORMAL pickups running into a modeled 5150 Drive amp with TAPE delay

3. WhitEFace
High decibel crunch tone consisting of a mix of NORMAL pickups and modeled POLY FX CRYSTAL running into a modeled ORNG ROCK REVERB with limiting, MODULATE delay, HALL2 reverb.
CTL1 changes CRYSTAL to TOUCH WAH.
CTL2 turns on/off NORMAL pickups.

4. GhostMach1ne
Effected sound consisting of a modeled CLA ST guitar in 12Str ON, running into a modeled COMBO CRUNCH amp with MONO chorus. Reverb time and predelay are assigned to ramp up and down.
CTL1 turns on/off delay.
CTL2 turns on/off chorus.

5. CHAOTICPEACE
A clean bell like sound consisting of a modeled POLY FX CRYSTAL.
CTL1 alters the CRYSTAL color parameter
CTL2 turns on/off chorus.

6. Alice CTrane
A more traditional rock tone consisting of the MODELING pickup running into a modeled MS1959I amp. With SINGLE delay and ROOM reverb.
CTL1 turns on/off CLEAN BOOST.
CTL2 adds BEND.
EXP1 PEDAL SW turns on/off VO wah.

7. CAVEWALKER
A crunch tone consisting of the NORMAL pickups running through a modeled MS1959I+II amp
CTL1 turns on/off DISTORTION overdrive.

MarkHjorthoy

Quote from: nervoteso on September 29, 2014, 07:35:03 AM
mark hjorthoy patches are great for dark music, the second one "swimming" looks like a Lycia song

Thanks a lot nervoteso! Really glad you like the patches.

Mark Hjorthoy

cplm