Losing octave setting

Started by frareinif, October 12, 2014, 11:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frareinif

Hi,

I'm currently working with the Marimba default setting. While modifying parameters with gumtowns gr-55 floorboard it occasionally happens that my one octave up setting gets lost. I then have to fiddle around with the octave knob. Often, but not always, I don't even have to turn it to the second octave up to remind the device. I have to check further, but I guess the octave setting is sometimes incorrect even after loading the patch.

Any suggestions? 

Jim Wintringham

One common error is forgetting to save the change, before switching to another patch. I would also try making the patch directly on the GR-55... to make sure it isn't something set wrong on the floorboard editor. Another possibility is a conflict in the settings....like having 'assigns' turned on, with opposing settings, or master or system settings :)
Roland GR-55
Wechter Pathmaker PM 7354
Brian Moore i91.13 (China)
Zoom G2
Ventris Dual Reverb
Roland kc-300

papabuss

Quote from: Jim Wintringham on October 13, 2014, 06:26:27 AM
Another possibility is a conflict in the settings....like having 'assigns' turned on, with opposing settings, or master or system settings :)
Correct.
And have a look at this tutorital video, too... ;)

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

frareinif

One common error is forgetting to save the change, before switching to another patch.
Maybe my bad English, but it wasn't about switching between patches. It happens while changing parameters within a patch.
I would also try making the patch directly on the GR-55...
I'll check that, next week...
Another possibility is a conflict in the settings....like having 'assigns' turned on, with opposing settings, or master or system settings :)
I remember it happened after switching to PCM2 and choosing another patch/sound/instrument. Back to PCM1, and the Marimba sound was octave "0" though the floorboard editor displayed "+1".

I'll dive deeper into that, next week. But thanks for your replies!

Jim Wintringham

QuoteI remember it happened after switching to PCM2 and choosing another patch/sound/instrument. Back to PCM1, and the Marimba sound was octave "0" though the floorboard editor displayed "+1".
This may be the problem..... the tones all have parameter settings that would override the settings you just changed, when you select  a different tone, then return to the first tone...the first tone will reset to the default (original) settings. Try setting the octave change as the last thing you do, before saving the modified patch....this may fix your problem :)
Roland GR-55
Wechter Pathmaker PM 7354
Brian Moore i91.13 (China)
Zoom G2
Ventris Dual Reverb
Roland kc-300