Gr 55 missing notes?

Started by RRhodes, September 20, 2014, 02:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRhodes

Hi

I'm a total newb to all this, and have been searching with no luck, so here goes

I installed a gk3 pu on a strat and with the gr 55  mostly everything is working well and as expected, except that from time to time (and not too often), I'll play a note and it isn't heard??when it happens, I try to repeat  what I was plaing and the problems never happens twice in a row, just randomly!?

Any thoughts?

tia
Gr-55 with GK 3 on Ibanez Artcore
JBL Pro series 4341 studio monitors
Behringer B112D's for live stuff

Mrchevy

Is it the same string or different strings this happens on. Try adjusting the string sensitivity and cleaning the GK 13 pin cable ends with De-oxit. AND, read thru this section >>> https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4006.0 . You will likely find the answers here and many more answers to other questions or problems your likely to have. A must read for anyone new to the GR-55.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

RRhodes

It's any string randomly and I've only had the GR for a few days

I have read that whole section, but found nothing addressing my problem (or perhaps I missed it)

thanks for the reply

Jim Williams

it may be in your low velocity setting.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

gumtown

Did you do the whole GK-Set setup, with string sensitivities, scale length, PU to bridge distances,
as well as the Play Feel, Nuance, and as Jim mentioned, the Low Velocity cut-off.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

RRhodes

Did not check/change anything to do with nuance jus yet and I did the entire setup as per instructions and some of the videos here, but probably do need to tweak a few things.

I play with very low string heights. The pu would not fit under the strings so I removed the neck (to shim). I decided to install a new compound radius neck and  while the action is much higher than I am used to, I have a few buzzing frets that might be adding to my problem.

I will fix all this and re-check. (Once I decide that I can put the guitar down for long enough)  .Too much fun!!

thanks for the replies...

Elantric

The GR55 user setup is not complete until you have read and applied the settings described in the GR-55 Setup docs that can be downloaded here:

www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;cat=18

RRhodes

switched the pu to my Ibanez Artcore and ALL problems are gone after simple setup...Also , it's a nice clean install on this guitar

thx everyone.. for the moment, life is wonderful!!!