FTP pick up issue

Started by Telemeister, June 04, 2016, 06:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telemeister

Hi there, newbie to FTP and let me say its awesome! Am having one problem which I'm sure will be an easy fix with a bit of advice from you guys...
when I select mix or guitar only on the triple play pick up I don't hear any sound from the guitar side which means I can't use Guitar Rig etc. the level meters are being activated on the mixer but there is no sound coming through. Any suggestions? Synth side is working fine. Have tried soloing the track etc.

shawnb

The FTP does not transmit guitar signal.   You need a good old-fashioned guitar cord for that.   

The guitar-mix-synth switch changes the mix in the ftp app.   For it to work, you need the guitar audio signal to get in there...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Telemeister

Oh so you use an interface or something similar to get the audio in. OK thanks for the help.  :)

Telemeister

Quote from: shawnb on June 04, 2016, 07:05:12 PM
The FTP does not transmit guitar signal.   You need a good old-fashioned guitar cord for that.   

The guitar-mix-synth switch changes the mix in the ftp app.   For it to work, you need the guitar audio signal to get in there...

I have connected my Roland Tri-capture and FTP has recognized after I turned it on in preferences,  it but still no sound... any further thoughts?

shawnb

Take it one step at a time! 

Next thing I'd do is confirm the tri-capture is bringing audio into your computer (with or without the ftp software).  Does the tri-capture have a mixer or console app?  It will usually show signal & help you confirm successful audio into the computer. 

If so, I'd next look at the ftp app.  Double & triple check the audio settings.  Make sure you know where the audio output is supposed to go.  Is it going right back to your tri-capture?  (probably if you're using an asio driver...)  Do you have an amp & sound connected to the output of the tri-capture?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp