Expression pedal toe switch won't work

Started by ddeavenport, August 23, 2013, 09:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddeavenport

Hi-

I was finally beginning to understand how the EXPON and EXPSW worked, but now the toe switch in the expression pedal won't toggle like it did before. The light is on all the time and I can no longer turn it off by pressing the toe part of the pedal. Did I somehow turn off a toggle switch somewhere in my fiddling around? ??? I can't see where that is. Anybody else have this problem, or did I break the toe switch?! Help! Thanks.

Dave Deavenport

gumtown

The EXP pedal switch is an extension to the EXP pedal range, with a rubber block under the pedal which gets compressed to move the EXP pedal into the Switch range.

The EXP pedal calibration must be done to suit YOUR playing, it should be done with the GR-55 on the floor and use your foot, and adjust the threshold to suit the required pedal pressure.

Next check the SYSTEM/Global pedal settings, the pedals should be set to "Patch" to have different assigned functions for different patches, otherwise the pedal will perform the set function and nothing else.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

ddeavenport

I was working with the pedal while I was sitting down, so I was turning it off and on by hand, which I now understand was the wrong way to do this. But now I must have really messed it up because it won't go on or off no matter how much weight I put on it (and I'm over 200 lbs.!) Is there a way to re-set it to start over?

ddeavenport

I was able to get it to work again. It was just the combination of settings for the EXP, EXPON and the EXPSW. Still have to work to do though...Thanks.