GT-100- Advice on how to organizing banks and patches for live shows

Started by orvkat_1, September 22, 2017, 06:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orvkat_1

Does anybody have any advice on how to organizing banks and patches for live shows on the Boss GT-100?
I'm thinkin' manual mode would be best for me, I play mostly Blues & Contemporary Jazz (no amp Sims,  just effects & OD's) ...in manual mode you can only have FX1 & FX2 (unless I missed something)! I would like to have (in manual mode) petals assigned for Tremolo, Octave down & Harmonist all in the FX sections. It would be great if you could disable the looper petal (or use a Boss fs-6) and assign it to other FX selections.
If I can't figure out how to successfully use it in manual mode...I guess I'll have to organize the banks & patches for each tune or a combination of manual mode & Banks/Patches.

gumtown

in manual mode you can only have FX1 & FX2 (unless I missed something
You can set each pedal to control each of the effect units, each pedal has a selection of 35 functions to choose from.
The manual mode pedal settings can be set different for each patch.

petals assigned for Tremolo, Octave down & Harmonist all in the FX
You can only choose one effect from FX1 and one from FX2 to use at any one time, although you can use one or many of the 8 "Assigns" to use a CTL pedal or Looper pedal, or external ctl 1 or ctl 2 pedals to toggle between other FX1 or FX2 effects.
You could use Tremolo from FX1, Harmonist from FX2, and octave from Pedal Bend (PedalFX) section, having the pitch minimum and maximum fixed at the same pitch.

It would be great if you could disable the looper petal (or use a Boss fs-6) and assign it to other FX selections.
You can. the looper can be disabled in the global/system menu, and use assigns to make use of the Looper pedal as another CTL type function.

If I can't figure out how to successfully use it in manual mode...
Once you learn the GT-100 functions, it is quite easy to set up manual mode and patches.
One handy feature/method is to setup 4 patches with unique tones, and setup "Auto Manual Mode", by using
an "Assign", the Target set to "Manual Mode", and the control source set to "input level".

With this method, while not playing (no level detected) the GT-100 is in Patch Mode, where you select one of the 4 patch pedals for a desired patch tone.
Start playing and an input level is detected, and the GT-100 switches to Manual Mode, allowing you to use all the pedals to toggle individual effects off/on.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

orvkat_1

Thank you for the info! I'll check out the assign functions and follow up...    ♫♫