Katana with the VG-99

Started by ChrisF, August 07, 2017, 06:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisF

Does anyone have experience using a VG-99 with a Katana? The reason I am asking is that I'm looking for a Swiss Army knife amp that can do FFFR with the VG-99, handle acoustic instruments, and function as a normal electric amp. I do mostly theatre gigs and have to change my configuration to the requirements of the show and/or space constraints. Thanks!

Idgolfguy

The Kat is not designed to be FRFR. It was designed for guitar output. The acoustic channel may be optimised better for FRFR but the speaker system will let you down.

mooncaine

I play out with a Fender Mustang III amp, and I can tell you that its 12" speaker, or whatever else it's got in it, is not full-range. The synthy bass sounds I tried on it just disappear, for example.

That's not a prob for me. I only got it for guitar sounds, and I expected that non-guitar-ish sounds would not sound right. Just wanted you to know my experience with it, hopefully save you some time.

gumbo

Roland Cube 80XL...and the line out to the PA when you're in the Stadium  :o

I can blame Headless68 for showing me I could get away with two Cube 60 units for enough (stereo) punch to get through whatever I'm faced with most of the time, though... :-*   ...at least it was good to have someone to blame when justifying the purchase to the Resident Financial Controller   ::)

HTH
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...