GP-10 and Aira MX-1 Mix Performer USB audio

Started by dead3t3rn1ty, July 18, 2017, 03:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead3t3rn1ty

Hi!
Quick question about USB drivers and specifications.

What I know so far:

• the Boss GP-10 is not class compliant and needs custom drivers for audio and midi
  • the Roland Aira series (and boutique) is not class compliant either
  • the Roland Aira MX-1 can receive audio channels via USB (from a TB-3 for example) using a custom Roland protocol

The question:
Is it the same driver? Did anyone try to connect the GP-10 via USB to the MX-1? Is it possible to get the stereo out on a MX-1 channel via USB?

Right now I'm using a MOTU firewire interface to mix the GP-10 analog audio output with my laptop because routing from one audio interface to another ends up in increased latency, the MX-1 seems like a nice stage mixer and I could easily assign channels to various VSTs and maybe the GP-10 as well.

Brak(E)man

Are you using more than GP-10 and a laptop with fx etc ?
If not why not using GP-10 as audio interface ?
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

dead3t3rn1ty

Quote from: Brak(E)man on July 18, 2017, 04:33:30 AM
Are you using more than GP-10 and a laptop with fx etc ?
If not why not using GP-10 as audio interface ?

It's a bit more complicated than that...

First, the GP-10 has no other audio inputs than the guitar in or GK in: I use a Moog analog synth and I apply audio effects on my laptop.
Second I don't have enough control on the volumes as a live mixer: MOTU's CueMixFX is pretty handy.
Third: I don't really need GP-10 audio stream on my laptop. It goes through the MOTU interface and directly to the main out (with a dedicated volume knob on the audio interface, see the second point).

But this is a bit off topic and I don't think this is the right topic to discuss about my live setup. I was just curious about the USB driver compatibility.