GP-10 to Midix-20 and Boss Tone Studio via pc without swapping cables

Started by rmarton123, May 31, 2017, 08:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmarton123

I resolved my Midix-20 Midi control via Switches and Expression pedals connected to ctl1 and 2 of the Midix-20.

No I have a different problem.

How can I connect both Midix-20 and a PC so that I can edit Patches and send Midi via the Midix-20?

This is crucial to me setting up and testing sounds and controls with external pedals.

I would like to setup Assigns to Midi pedals but when I connect the GP-10 to my computer for editing I loose connection to my Midi pedals.

How do I stay connected to both?

I have a Midix-20 as well.

Elantric

Must swap USB cables

Learn to program the GP-10 Control Assigns without Boss Tone Studio ( yes its possible) 

Contact Codesmart
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=6365

alexmcginness

Quote from: rmarton123 on May 31, 2017, 08:04:59 AM
How can I connect both Midix-20 and a PC so that I can edit Patches and send Midi via the Midix-20?

This is crucial to me setting up and testing sounds and controls with external pedals.

I would like to setup Assigns to Midi pedals but when I connect the GP-10 to my computer for editing I loose connection to my Midi pedals.

How do I stay connected to both?

I have a Midix-20 as well.

This is my main beef with floor based units and why I love the VG-99s format. Tweakability at arms length and the floor pedal to step thru patches and volume/expression.
   So, in order to get what you want you have to use your computer to get your patches into the ball park and then when your performing live, look like an exercise instructor, bending over and motoring thru menus as fast as you can, standing up to see if what you just adjusted works then save it.

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

CodeSmart

First of all, I did all of my patches using the GP-10 menus. They are actually very uncomplicated compared to the GR-55.

Ok, but if you still want to use a PC program, this is what I propose you should try:

Dump the Boss Tone Studio and download Gumtowns GP-10 Floorboard.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15464.0

Gumtowns Floorboard does not require a GP-10 USB Driver, it can work through a USB-to-MIDI converter (unless it's a really crappy one.

Roland UM-One MKII works fine).
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16981.msg121569#msg121569

1. Connect GP-10 to GP-10 (LWR USB)
2. Make sure MIDX-20 is in "RED" Mode and MIDI Merge should be OFF
3. Connect MIDX-20 5-PIN MIDI IN & OUT to PC USB using Roland UM-ONE MKII (USB-to-MIDI converter)
4. Start Floorboard and connect (MIDI settings) to "UM-ONE" for both MIDI IN/OUT.
5. Use Gumtowns Floorboard to tweak the sound.

You should now be able to use the CTRL1 and CTRL2 jacks (FS-6, EV-5) of the MIDX at the same time as you operate the Floorboard.

If you have a 5-PIN MIDI FOOT Controller and it has a THRU or MERGE capability it should be possible to chain it within the  MIDX-20 MIDI IN path.

If you have a USB Foot controller you can connect it to the UPR USB connector of the MIDX-20.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!