Deckard's dream DIY kit

Started by chrish, May 07, 2017, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrish

This looks like an interesting project for not too much money as a do-it-yourself kit.

http://www.deckardsdream.com/

Cups

Doesn't seem worth it to buy the kit. For 200$ more you have it built and with an enclosure.

chrish

Yeah the pricing on that site is hard to figure out.

In the question-and-answer section it says the kit with the rack enclosure will run around $1,000.

And there's a guy holding up a poster with the pricing for the finished product at $3,750.

. And then there's a section that says build kit $349 without the enclosure and possibly other parts like the sliders.

And it appears with the enclosure it'll run around $1,200 but the impression from the wording is that's the built product price.

So my guess is that you'd save about $2,500 building it yourself. If I was going to order one, which I was considering, I would definitely send the company an email to get it straightened out.

Cups

Yea, missed that.
Still a big DIY endeavour. You have to source your own parts. Really interesting though

chrish

Okay now it's starting to make sense. Some of the parts are already installed and some of them we have to buy. And you have to buy the front panel and case from the do-it-yourself hub.

http://siddarthianinnovations.bigcartel.com/

"DECKARD'S DREAM – KIT (PREORDER)

$349.00

This is the preorder for Deckard's Dream synthesizer PCB kits.

Total price is $999 with a free worldwide shipping, the remaining balance of $650 to be paid when the product is ready for shipping.

The kit consists of 12 PCBs:

frontpanel board
motherboard
8x voice cards
power supply board
connectors board
The motherboard has the MCU and 96 DACs (digital to analogue converters used to control the analogue circuitry) preinstalled, the remaining parts you have to buy yourself from a local supplier. Some DIY shops will provide full parts kits.

Most of the remaining parts are thruhole, except for power filtering ceramic capacitors, which are large (0805 size), all same value (0.1uF) and located on the opposite side of the thruhole parts on the PCB.

The frontpanel and rack case will be supplied by DIY HUB.

We will run the preorder until June 1st 2017, then please allow 2 months for the production."

chrish