SY-300 - Like Nothing You've Heard before for the SY- TOYLAND!!!

Started by Rhcole, April 07, 2017, 01:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

I spent yesterday listening to pedals from Earthquaker and others that were "beyond the pale". It inspired me to make something special.
Toyland combines crazy semi-melodic bit crushing with ambient swirls to make a sound that is both beautiful AND bizarre. It's a soundtrack for hallucinogenic robot toys.
Depending on your tastes, it might be a masterpiece OR a serious waste of your time.

It's great through headphones.

Ctl 1 increase the volume of the synth sounds.

gobi

does not work with my guitar? I mean, nothing special to hear?
...sorry  for my bad english, i'm from germany

Rhcole

Gobi,

Check your synth volumes. I use an exp pedal, If you don't use this your levels may be off.

ElliotG

This patch is completely mental...WARNING: THIS IS NOISY BIT CRUSHING MADNESS.

RHcole... there was something strange with the patch.  EXP was not assigned, CTL 1 selected between 2 synth levels on the output mixer.   I've made a few VERY MINOR changes, and renamed the patch Toyland revisit.

I increased the synth level, changed the assign on CTL to turn off/on FX1.  This is a lofi effect, with the sample rate being changed by the wave.  Turning on creates a swirly, noisey sequencer like series of tones in the noise.  In the example, I turn it off during the low note run, and turn it on during the higher notes, it is very easy to hear when it comes back on.

I also assigned the expression pedal to control the return level (Clean guitar).  In the example, I set the return level and don't touch the pedal. 

Rhcole

Hmmm,

Haven't looked at the patch in awhile, I will compare with my saved copy.
It is a crazy patch for sure, I am often at war within myself between the guitar player who wants practical patches and the synthesist who just loves SOUND.