GT-100 - A lot of noise from GT100

Started by matmis, December 12, 2016, 03:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmis

Hi all!

I've been struggling with a noise problem since I bought the gt100.
The S/R, in the GT, adds a lot of "white noise" and the noisefloor is ridicoulus.

It´s NOT a groundloop, more like a bunch of white noise.

With clean sound, it´s pretty ok but with overdrive it´s unacceptable.

I use the 4cm into my Egnater tourmaster combo.

I`ve tried numerous times to adjust send and return levels and output levels (on the Egnater and GT100) but allways end up with noise.

without the gt100 my amp is fine, even with high gain. The noisefloor is normal. With the gt100 connected, the noisefloor rises with several dB.

With ALL effects off, it still generates noise. The output level is set to -10dB.

Sure, i can put the GT100´s noisegate after S/R, but the noise is still there as soon as I start to play again.

Anyone had this problem??

It seems like a mismatch in signal level, but i cant figure out what it is.

all cables are connected as the should be: git->Gt in. GT send->Amp input, Amp send->GT return, GT output-> amp return.

If i turn off the S/R on GT100 it becomes nice and guiet, but as soon sa i turn it on, BAM! NOISE! EVEN WITH ALLA EFFECTS OFF!!

Hopefully someone could help me with this, or else i throw the GT out of the window...

gumtown

When the GT-100 S/R loop is 'on', are you switching 'off' the GT-100 preamps at the same time?

Try setting the GT-100 system 'input level' to between -7dB to -12dB, as the default 0dB is too loud.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

matmis

i dont use the GT preamps at all, since I use the preamps on my Egnater amp.

I will give input level a try...can´t recall if I already tried that...

matmis

Nope, lower input doesn´t make any difference.
The only way it´s quiet, is when the S/R loop is off....but then I loose my amp´s preamp...and i really love my Egnater...

I disconnected the loop on both the amp and gt100, using only amp in (git->GT100. GT100 send->amp in). Lots of noise when using overdrive channel. :-(

Elantric