GP-10 - Bill Ruppert's 2009's EHX Microsynth + HOG Bluesy Harmonica

Started by starrats, May 02, 2016, 01:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starrats

Ainsoph, I remember your (imho quite right sounding) bluesy harmonica "Delta Blues" which was a tinkered variation of (based on your short mp3 sample) "Blues Harmonica" which (same with "Miles Trumpet") I thougth sounded terribly.   Haven't tried improved revision yet but maybe there is something wrong with running fake real instruments through cheap toyish sounding muff or octafuzz from GP-10. Bill Ruppert made it 7 years ago http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/1124/ with just an ordinary moogish sine with slower attack and filter resonance driven down. He mentioned that the key point here is to overdrive Hog input. Good luck with this one.  And please - no more cheap muff coppies bluffing tricks this time.

ainsoph

Quote from: starrats on May 02, 2016, 01:10:28 PM
Ainsoph, I remember your (imho quite right sounding) bluesy harmonica "Delta Blues" which was a tinkered variation of (based on your short mp3 sample) "Blues Harmonica" which (same with "Miles Trumpet") I thougth sounded terribly.   Haven't tried improved revision yet but maybe there is something wrong with running fake real instruments through cheap toyish sounding muff or octafuzz from GP-10. Bill Ruppert made it 7 years ago http://www.ehx.com/browse/distortion-fuzz-overdrive with just an ordinary moogish sine with slower attack and filter resonance driven down. He mentioned that the key point here is to overdrive Hog input. Good luck with this one.  And please - no more cheap muff coppies bluffing tricks this time.

:) ... Why dont you ask Bill Ruppert to make it on Gp-10 , he shurely wont cheap muff copy or bluff :) ... or try it yourself :)

starrats

Quote from: ainsoph on May 02, 2016, 01:23:46 PM
:) ... Why dont you ask Bill Ruppert to make it on Gp-10 , he shurely wont cheap muff copy or bluff :) ... or try it yourself :)

Ok, I'll give it a try.

Smash