BR80 + Portable Mini Speaker (e-Storm LabyrinthX). Great Sound!

Started by Piing, April 27, 2014, 07:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piing

I have found that the Boss Micro BR80 sounds very good with this little speaker (for mere practicing, of course). Much more pleasant than playing with headphones or with good-quality monitors that reveal all the imperfections and nasty artifacts of the amplifier simulation.

Anyone else using this type of mini-portable speakers for practicing? It would be interesting to hear about the results with other similar speakers (there is a wide range of Portable Bluetooth Speakers out there)

Elantric

I use mini speakers all the time. What is the make / model of yours?

Piing

Piing

I've been playing with the Bose Sounlink Mini, that is one of the most expensive speakers of this type ($200), and the sound is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!!

It doesn't sound bad for playing some styles of music or for watching movies, but it is not recommended at all for playing guitar  (similar bad results with the Fractal Audio Axe-FX II than with the with the BOSS Micro-BR).

There is an exaggerated accentuation of the mid-low frequencies that makes the guitar sound very dark and dull, with no bright at all, no matter how you position the speaker. Furthermore, the attack sound when picking the strings is also accentuated, both with clean and distorted sounds, making the playing very annoying.

Do not buy the Bose!! Those $50 cylinders sound much better.

Elantric

Piing

Thank you Elantric.

I wish I had read that post about the iLoud before buying the Bose garbage. That is my punishment for having being so long without visiting VGuitar Forum  :P  :-[

This video is very clarifying (although the poster seem to love that mid-bass "boom-boom" exaggeration)

If I manage to sell the Bose Soundlink Mini I will get the iLoud