Hi from Louisiana.

Started by TheJackal, March 05, 2015, 07:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJackal

Quite a long time ago, I bought a "Roland Ready" Fender Strat with the GR-30. Goofed around with it for a while. Ran across a guy who had a Godin SA Multiac Nylon String. Got interested in getting a nylon string guitar and found a dealer in Vancouver, BC who made me an incredible price on a new Godin FRETLESS (which I had thought would be great with the GR-30). Sold the Strat, got the Godin, tracking was/is much better. Fretless put me in the world of "this is a completely different thing that sorta acts like a guitar." Played around with it for a while but never did too much with it. Back in a band and am looking for interesting ways to incorporate this in the group. I'm mostly acoustic rhythm guitar but think that the synth guitar can add some interesting dimensions to what we do. I found this forum when I was looking for some ideas about the GR-30 and how it compared to the "newer" GR-55. Seems that my thoughts that the GR-30 was old and out of date have been put to rest and saved me a bunch of money by removing my temptation to upgrade. I'll use the wisdom of the forum to create some ways to integrate this into my future musical adventures.

As to me, I'm a math professor at a public university in Louisiana. Love the interplay between music and mathematics. I'm a pilot and enjoy flying my experimental biplane. I also enjoy going to the shooting range and challenging myself with poking holes in targets.

Looking forward to some new learning musical things as I, once again, jump into the GR-30.

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group TheJackal!  :)

TheJackal

Quote from: Brent Flash on March 05, 2015, 07:23:01 PM
Welcome to the group TheJackal!  :)

Thanks. Looks like a place for good information.

Brent Flash

Quote from: TheJackal on March 06, 2015, 06:18:56 PM
Thanks. Looks like a place for good information.
Pretty good, depends on what sort of info ya looking for.  ;)

What part of LA are you from? I am in Lake Charles.

whippinpost91850

Welcome to the forum. You can pretty much find the answer to anything here. All you have to do is search or ask.