Firmware for AX 100 MKII

Started by alexmcginness, January 31, 2015, 11:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmcginness

Anybody know what the last firmware/editor version was for the MKII and where to get it? It might be good to have it as a sticky here for those who need it.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Chumly

I wish I could help as I have an Axon Ax100sb MK I (not software addressable like the MKII)however support seems to have evaporated rather like the Electrix Repeater I sold about a year ago.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

alexmcginness

Theres gotta be some people out there that have the upgrade files that can upload them here. It would be a great resource.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

GarveyDesign

I have not tested the 7.28 firmware update I got from the link below as my machine already has 7.28 installed.  I am still trying to get the editor to work (link at bottom of post) though it does show up onscreen, with connectivity problem unresolved at time of writing.

I got the editor (though still not connecting with the Axon) and a file for the 7.28 firmware upgrade from
https://filedir.com/drivers/firmware/terratec-axon-ax-100-mkii-firmware-332311.html

If the link goes down again, I may be able to forward the necessary files if contacted.  They are too large to upload here.

I'm having problems getting the editor to see the axon through a midi->usb link, even though I know that the computer can drive the soundmodules through that link.
Explained at... https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15186.0

gumtown

Did you get the Roland USB-Midi adapter?
That is the only way the editor will talk to the AXON unit, those alternative cheap USB-Midi devices just 'aint up to it.

Also since the editor was made in the 'old days' of 16 bit windows, even if you can force it to install with Windows 7 compatibility mode,
it may still not run correctly as it still has to interface with a modern windows I/O system.
You may need to find a windows 98/ME (or possibly Xp) computer (back in the days when windows and MSDOS ran hand in hand) to successfully run the editor on.

FYI: You won't need to install the firmware update as you already have it installed, but a word of caution if your midi I/O is not 100% then running a firmware update can also brick your AXON unit.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

GarveyDesign

I bought the Roland UM one MK II ( http://www.thomann.de/ie/roland_um_one_mkii.htm ) and it was despatched in Germany on Saturday, By Monday, it's got to Koln which is the international shipping hub, I expect the item to arrive Thursday 11th June latest.
The strategy here will then be to try the new Roland USB->MIDI interface firstly in an XP VM (inside of Windows 7) got from Microsoft.  When I previously ran the Axon Editor in the XP VM with the Chinese generic USB-MIDI, I still got the same message as with Windows 7.
Now impendingly with the Roland item, if the VM approach doesn't work, I will borrow/acquire an XP computer, then install the editor to that and try again that way with the Roland UM one MK II.
At that general point in time, I'll advise again as to progress.

GarveyDesign

Hi GumTown,  I've eventually got the Roland UM ONE MKii to work between the Axon editor on a windows 7 system and an Axon AX 100 MKii, there was an issue with a switch on the Roland item which Roland UK clarified...
The 'issue' with the Roland was that there is a COMputer/TABlet switch on the side of it to differentiate between whether it is connected to a computer or tablet respectively.  The problem I had was that I couldn't effect the switch with a thumb pressure.  I contacted Roland UK, and was advised that the switch is recessed below the surface and that a small tool would be necessary to effect a switching.  I used a plastic coated paperclip, and that exercise was then successful.  They also advised that the switch is recessed to prevent accidental resetting e.g. during a gig.