Setlist of Cover Songs for Loopers

Started by MeanMrMustard, October 21, 2013, 11:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanMrMustard

Hello Everyone,

I have been thinking about performing solo, and utilizing my gr55 and rc300 looper as well as perhaps my iPad/laptop. I have found this forum a valuable resource for information.

I was wondering if we could come up with a massive setlist of cover songs that seem to work well performed solo using the gr55 and the rc300 and iPad/laptop? Some of you have already posted recordings of some of these types of songs.

Styles and song choice will differ from musician to musician and from region to region, but I feel that this list might help others to focus on songs that work in a solo act.

Songs that have the same progression for the verse and the same for the chorus are the easiest to loop. Also songs with 2 or 3 sections are do-able, but pose certain challenges.

I will be happy to compile this master list monthly and post it as the song suggestions are submitted. If this offends any moderator, let me apologize now. I am just offering to help with this.

All musical styles and genres will be posted. All I ask is that each submission include the song title, name of artist and music genre or style.

I have started to build my own setlist and I will start this thread by including 10 songs that work for me. I welcome any thoughts and submissions.

Thanks,
MeanMrMustard

With or Without You-U2-Rock
R.O.C.K in the USA-John Cougar-Rock
Imagine-John Lennon-Rock
Across the Universe-John Lennon-Rock
Use Me-Bill Withers-Soul
Last Dance With Mary Jane-Tom Petty-Rock
Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve-Rock
Tiny Dancer-Elton John-Light Rock
Wonderwall-Oasis-Rock
The Joker-Steve Miller-Rock
MeanMrMustard

www.myspace.com/addisonbrady

papabuss

Step by step...
U2 With or  Without you
Is the first of the Roland Sounds of the Heros patches

http://www.soundsderhelden.de/soundsderhelden.html
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

papabuss

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Jimmyward

Sweet home alabama - Skynyrd
Simple man - Skynyrd
Hey joe - Jimi Hendrix
Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet

To name a few

MeanMrMustard

Yes that's perfect.
I never would have thought about some Hendrix, nor Simple Man.
I think it was Cricket who did a version of Eleanor Rigby. I would not have thought it remotely possible till I heard his version.

Keep them coming.

Thanks
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard

www.myspace.com/addisonbrady