GR-55 - Muse - Uprising

Started by ben, August 14, 2013, 01:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

I've had the GR55 for a few months now and remember hunting high and low for an Uprising patch ... to no avail so I made one.

"out of the box" you have the theremin/spacey synth noise using two PCM's and tremelo and reverb etc. This is in standard tuning.
I went for really low portamento settings because on the original track the portamento sounds to only be fired between certain note changes - something you can't do on GR55 (that I can figure out at least  ;D )

The CTL switches the synths off and gives you a COSM which is close (on my set up at least) to the main guitar part sound - it turns off the reverb and other effects and also fires the Open G alternate tuning which is how Matt Bellamy plays it I understand so that's how I learned it.

The EXP Pedal switch gives you the solo switch of the amp on top and I just use that on the guitar solo part after the second chorus and at the end (live version)

I play straight out of the GR55 into a PA with a pretty flat EQ so no doubt others may need to fiddle with some settings - I'm happy enough to post this for others to have fun with.

Cheers and enjoy.

Ben

-----
Edit note:
22/08/13 - uploaded the mp3 demo - backing courtesy of the majestic DR880 - recorded straight out of the "tape" out of my PA

ben

Feels lonely in here - any feedback or improvements folks?

Cheers

Ben

Elantric

Might get more response if you also upload a short MP3 demo?

Many folks here typically read the forum when they are far away from their GR-55  - so an MP3 sound demo of the GR-55 patch  typically draws more response.

the-destructor

Not to detract from Elantric's statement... BUT,
It's been fairly stagnant here lately. The majority of us must live in the Northern Hemisphere and out suckin up the last of Summer, or too busy giggin.
I, STILL, have not checked out your patch either. Got about 20 patches that still need to meet the choppin block.
Thank you for the post!!!

Elantric

ben

I'm not sure what constitutes quiet round these parts - my patch had over 10 downloads in a week which I though might get a comment or two, that sai I didnt ask for any.

I'll try to get a reasonable mp3 up soon.

Cheers

Ben

Toby Krebs

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. My GR55 cover tune patches have been downloaded almost 300 times and folks have only left 5 or 6 comments. I am hoping they are out using some of the patches and enjoying the GR55 a bit more. As for me I have been gigging a lot-teaching and fishing. I have  a bunch of patches to check out as well. I don't even know what Muse-Uprising is but I am certainly interested in any cool GR55 patch you have taken the time to post here. Thanks!

whippinpost91850

Ben, just cought this and downloaded your patch. I'm doing a fillin gig for a couple of weeks and the band does this song. thanks Paul

ben

Quote from: Elantric on August 21, 2013, 01:30:49 PM
Might get more response if you also upload a short MP3 demo?

Many folks here typically read the forum when they are far away from their GR-55  - so an MP3 sound demo of the GR-55 patch  typically draws more response.

Done - I'm not the cleanest of players but did what is my best for now on this.

@whippinpost91850 - it'd be cool for you to use something I made - I'm somewhat "chuffed" about this, thanks - it'll no doubt need a tweak.

@Tony Krebs - 300 d/ls wow tough crowd  :o I will have to check some of your patches out...and leave a comment  ;D

Any further feedback or improvements as always welcome.

Cheers

Ben

Elantric

QuoteDone - I'm not the cleanest of players but did what is my best for now on this.

Excellent job! and I really like the opening Synth part best!
Quote"out of the box" you have the theremin/spacey synth noise using two PCM's and tremelo and reverb etc. This is in standard tuning.

ben