Godin Tripleplay

Started by Rorster, April 30, 2013, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merman93

Don't feel bad, I have had plenty of " stupid user errors" in my day.

I for one am glad that the issue has been resolved, and that you are putting some fret wear on that new guitar.

I'm always interested in reading, hearing, or seeing a review of new stuff, so when you finally put the Godin in the stand for a few maybe you can enlighten us?
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (GK KIT)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
Hamer Phantom A7 (24 pin)
BX 13 (24 -13 pin converter)
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

norwegianwood

Pickups and nut changed...now to mag-lok and locking tuners. Can anyone help with locking tuners that will fit the 1,6 millimeter thick headstock. Schaller and Sperzel sets were too short on half the posts=/ Holes are standard 10 mm though...
Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art.
Charlie Parker

norwegianwood

Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art.
Charlie Parker

Elantric

QuoteCan anyone help with locking tuners that will fit the 1,6 millimeter thick headstock. Schaller and Sperzel sets were too short on half the posts=/ Holes are standard 10 mm though...

Planet Waves 6 inline locking tuners  might work

http://www.daddario.com/pwProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=4115&productid=513&sid=4d7faebc-b0d4-4261-8c9d-1dc5a9b31b2f

norwegianwood

Charlie Parker

norwegianwood

Quote from: norwegianwood on January 09, 2014, 08:58:45 AM
Thanks Elantric!
turns out, Sperzel Make non-graduated 6-inline sets too, ordered one of those, praying for a nice fit!
Charlie Parker

kentchorder

Hello,

soooo, ordered Godin Session Custom Triple Play with Fishman finally arrived :) big smile here. Guitar itself is quite good, all setup works well. As guitar is good sounding and bit amusing combination of pickups makes nice range of sounds. Definitely better workmanship then MIM Roland strat. I have rosewood neck with dark brownish sunburst. Immediately ordered Waves locking tuners - I have same on LGXT. Now Fishman tracking out from the box is surprisingly good, with just minor adjustments its 200% better then Roland Stratocaster. I managed to trigger Roland V-synth in hardware mode with no problems and false triggers almost at once with minor adjustments. I am running it through computer to MOTU Timepiece AV USB (historical piece but works like clockwork even under Windows 8 64bit) then through midi cable to some synthesizers.

Now my question and sorry if I am missing something.

I did not find any controls or possibility to change MIDI channels in this Fishman software, it always starts at MIDI channel one in both MONO or POLY modes.

Is there anything I am missing here ? (on GR 55  you just pick starting channel)

Thx

shawnb

FTP channel assignments are fixed.

In the FTP software, in mono mode, split regions 1 & 2 use channels 1-6, and regions 3 & 4 use 11-16.   7 is the pedal channel.  Channel 8 is reserved for communications between the controller & app.

Poly mode uses different channels, but they're fixed as well.   (I forget which ones... IIRC, it's 1 & 2, where 2 is the pedal channel.)

Note that since there is only one channel for the pedal channel, it is basically always in poly mode.   Thus, setting up a patch that specifies mono mode, that has a pedal channel, gives you an easy mechanism to switch back & forth between mono & poly.

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

kentchorder

Thanks very much that pretty much covers it. :)

imerkat

Any more thoughts on the Godin?

Very interested on getting one. have you used it live or mount a GK or anythine?  ;D

BobTheDog

My SuperVee MagLok Trem stabiliser finaly arrived.

Installed it and what an amazing difference, the Godin now tracks exactly the same as the one I have installed on a fixed bridge guitar.

That MagLock is a great bit of kit, thanks for the tip Elantric.

jayson

New Godin Montreal Premier Triple Play.  Video quote the price at $2600

Cheers,

jayson

Orren Merton

Quote from: jayson on February 12, 2014, 06:12:40 PM
New Godin Montreal Premier Triple Play.  Video quote the price at $2600

Lefty?

(I'm sure not...)

Orren

thebrushwithin

No magnetic FTP, using piezos for the first time!

Synth Nicolas

Good to see that more Tripleplay guitars are coming! Waiting for a really nice guitar with FTP and a good tremolo system. Don't like the other Godin and this one has no tremolo. And the Fender's finishes are boring. Well I guess I just have to wait....

Quote from: thebrushwithin on February 13, 2014, 05:18:50 AM
No magnetic FTP, using piezos for the first time!

Will piezos for the FTP mean better tracking?
gitaarles en basgitaarles in Weert
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

Elantric

QuoteWill piezos for the FTP mean better tracking?

Doubt it - Most real world MIDi tests show that if anything - piezos saddles  suffer more adjacent string mechanical crosstalk that translates into the need for reduced levels to avoid adjacent string vibration energy impacting the guitar to MIDI process.

After lots of testing all systems, I'm firmly in the camp that supports the concept that a properly designed focused field magnetic divided pickup (like the 1st gen FTP, GK-3) mounted and setup correctly offers a superior solution.

thebrushwithin

QuoteWill piezos for the FTP mean better tracking?

I prefer them for synth tracking, because there is no need for setup, other than lowering sensitivities. The mag style has to be positioned just at the right height,(which can change, as my FTP did on one of my guitars), etc. in either case, you will have to adjust your sensitivity settings. For someone like me, who is not mechanically inclined, piezos are plug and play, and I experience fantastic tracking. Both types can work great!

Quotepiezos saddles  suffer more adjacent string mechanical crosstalk that translates into the need for reduced levels to avoid adjacent string vibration

So, that explains why I have to lower sensitivities. I never knew that, but it does make sense!

parks

That Godin premier triple play looks really cool. In the video the guy says that it has a graph tech bridge but he doesn't say if it has the acousti-phonic preamp. Does anyone know if it has the preamp?

I built a guitar last year with the ghost system and I'm really impressed by it. I've got my triple play installed on it too so I think Godin has stolen their premier triple play from me!  ;)

hanson

Have anybody tested the wireless range of Godin Session Custom FTP guitar? Mine is, I think, 5-7 meters... it stops sending/receiving MIDI right after I go to the other room and turn the corner.
And the ftp-equipped guitar which I took from a friend sent MIDI to much longer distances. Am I have to tune something or maybe my ftp device in Godin is faulty?

Elantric

Hanson,

I understand you are in Russia?

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=9770

Its important to determine the region type for your Godin Session Custom FTP guitar?

Was this imported from USA?  or was this an EU version?

regardless contact Fishman Support for their thoughts / opinion on your distance issue.
http://www.fishman.com/contact

mordecai

Just saw this Godin and thought I'd post it here. Kind of a unique looking guitar, like a strat and a tele had a baby.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godintripleplayp.htm

Elantric

Orren Merton

Quote from: Elantric on August 19, 2014, 01:00:59 PM
Godin Session Custom Triple Play - $807
A serious price drop at Amazon:

I'd seriously consider a lefty at that price. But I've never been much for the "string it upside down" style of conversions...

Orren

Rusty Kirkland

Hi...  just got a nice Godin C. Session TriplePlay...

questions:   what type of locking tuners on yours?
                        I see a GraphTech Trem-Nut for Stratocasters.... what exactly did you switch to?
                        did you keep the stock string trees?

Rusty