VG-99 - Pink Floyd's "One of These Days" with MP3 demo

Started by Brent Flash, May 13, 2008, 06:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Flash

Quote from: mos6507 on April 02, 2008, 07:08:53 PM
Impressive.

I wonder what else in the Floyd catalog would make for a good showcase?

How about doing One of These Days next?

Since the main part in this song is bass I guess this is where it should go. There is also another post in here for the same song so I guess this is the right place.

Mp3 Demo below.

mos6507

Michael Dolan Doubleneck
Les Paul Custom

VG-99
FTP

Brent Flash

Here is the bass patch for this demo. Let me know if you want any of the others.

Patch below

GeePeeAxe

Hey, this is amazing!
Thanks for your good work and for sharing it with us!

Regards,
George

aragon

Hi Brent ,

This demo is amazing , as everything you are doing . Is the synth. part done with the VG-99 ? If yes , it woul be nice if you could share it.

Thanks . You a doing a very good job in this forum.

Brent Flash

Quote from: aragon on April 04, 2009, 10:39:52 AM
Hi Brent ,

This demo is amazing , as everything you are doing . Is the synth. part done with the VG-99 ? If yes , it woul be nice if you could share it.

Thanks . You a doing a very good job in this forum.

Thanks aragon! Yes, everything in the demo is done with the VG-99. I'll have to dig up the other patches. It has been a while since I did this and I will need to refresh my memory on what I used. I do remember I had one called slicer, I think. Let me see if I can find it.

Brent Flash

Quote from: Brent Flash on April 04, 2009, 10:58:05 AM
Thanks aragon! Yes, everything in the demo is done with the VG-99. I'll have to dig up the other patches. It has been a while since I did this and I will need to refresh my memory on what I used. I do remember I had one called slicer, I think. Let me see if I can find it.
Correction, after further review, the wind and kick drum were not done by the VG-99.

I used the Bass patch here on this thread.
The organ patch found here:https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,581.0.html
And, I am still looking for the others.

aragon

Brent Flash

Here is the slicer patch. Sorry, I never realized I did not put the rest of these patches up.

CONTROL 2 is TAP TEMPO.

I am still working on finding the other patches. I think I have the distortion slide guitar left and the synth patch at the end.

aragon

Hi Brent,

Can you explain how you get the kind of crescendo effect you are doing with the organ patch sound in your demo file (28 seconds from the beginning) . I have not been able to reproduce it with only the volume control .

Thanks!