Hi, my name is Guitarplayer_10 and I am new here on this board.
This is my first posting ever – I am mostly only a reader on Forums.
I live in Germany and my first an only Guitarsynth was an Roland GR-09. I bought it 20 years ago and it had a terrible tracking. I only used it sometimes for some Strings and Pad sounds.
Now since 2 weeks I own a GR-55 and I´m very surprised about tracking and latency.
Inspired by Jim Williams “Multi Control”and the “2 Amps” patch below - I tried to bring it to the limit with an “All in One Patch”.
I like do stay in one patch with all the possibilities the gear would give to me.
For guitar I ordinary use my AXE-FX for 4 years now, which gives me a lot of Controllers to stay in one patch, playing from clean to chrunch and highgain – also switching between OD/Delay/Chorus/Rotary/Wha and more.
Therefore I created this “Multi Control 1” patch.
It took me a lot of time to bring all 8 Assignments together in one patch without conflicts.
The main problem was to save and reproduce the patch, cause I´ve read in the Forum there are many problems by saving patches with to many assigns to one single patch - but I found a solution here .
All assigns and EXP/CTL are turned OFF before saving - then I could save and restore the patch with the Editor. After loading this patch it is necessary to turn on all 8 Assignments and EXP and CTL - switches
This patch includes 4 different guitar sounds:
Acoustic Guitar - Modelling Sound
12 String Guitar – Modelling Sound
Clean Twin – MFX Sound for Normal Pickup
Marshall 1959 - AMP Sound for Normal Pickup
Switches are assigned to Wha - Delay - Chorus all in a single patch.
Instruction for use:
Please load the patch into the Editor and load it promptly again, cause sometimes I loaded it only once - some assignments were not working correctly (too many assigns).
Then go to ASSIGNS in the Editor and switch all 8 Assigns to ON status.
Next you open the PDL/GK Menu in the Editor and set the settings:
CTL PEDAL - FUNKTION and set CTL to MFX SW
EXP PEDAL SWITCH - FUNKTION and set EXP Pedal Switch to TONE SW
The rest leave untouched.
1. When Expression pedal is switched ON = Acoustic guitar with some Pad-sound
2. When you move the Expression pedal switched ON - back and forward again the 12 String guitar
switches ON or OFF with some Pads
This is only for your normal Magnetic-Pickups turn guitar volume on
3. When you switch the Expression pedal OFF, and the CTL is ON = clean/chrunchy Fender Twin sound
4. When you switch the Expression pedal OFF, and the CTL is OFF = an midgain/gainy Marshall 1959
I+II sound. Cleans up by turning guitar volume roll off
5. You can switch between Fender Twin and Marshall directly by CTL when Expression pedal is OFF
6. When Expression pedal is OFF and you move it to the toe-position and back = the Wha switches ON
or OFF in both sounds Fender Twin and Marshall 1959
7. When you switch Expression pedal ON again = only Acoustic guitar without any Wha sound, this is
switched off automatic by assign
If your SYSTEM-Settings of the GK-S1/S2 switches are by default (Bank up/down) or otherwise
configured, you need to press (no matter how) the EDIT button on the GR-55 unit and bring
it in EDIT-Mode.
It only works when GR-55 is in EDIT Mode.
This will not override your global GK-S1/S2 settings.
When you press EXIT to the normal USER Patch Number your GK-S1/S2 will work normal as usual.
You can make it also as a permanent Setting by changing your SYSTEM - PEDAL/GK - GKS1/S2
Settings to Delay SW/Chorus SW, but this will override your global Settings for GK-S1/S2
8. In all switching positions EXP on/off, CTL on/off - you can add a Delay switching on/off by pressing
S1 on the GK pickup
9. In all switching positions EXP on/off, CTL on/off - you can add a Chorus switching on/off by pressing
S2 on the GK pickup.
10. Note you can use both S1 and S2 at once
This should demonstrate a suggestion what is possible with the GR-55 by full assigning of resources.
I´ve learned a lot of things on this Forum and I want to thank all the people here - especially Gumtown for his Editor, Elantric and Jim Williams.
Hope you like the patch. Sorry for my poor English , but schools out for more than 45 years now.
Please have a detailed look at the ACT RANGE LO / HIGH parameters under ASSIGN it helps a lot of better understanding how the the switches work in the GR-55.
This should only be an example what is possible - you can change every sound to one`s own taste.
Some of the factory Preset patches in the GR-55 have the CTL pedal and/or EXP SW assigned to control various functions, for example, the PCM Tone On/Off switch.
An assignment of this nature can make it appear that User parameters are not being stored in a patch. To turn off the pre-assigned CTL and/or EXP SW functions, follow these steps.
1. Select the desired User patch.
2. Press the EDIT button.
3. Press PAGE left or right to select the MASTER tab, and then press ENTER.
4. Cursor left to "PEDAL/GK CTL," and then press ENTER.
5. Cursor down to "CTL FUNCTION," and then turn the dial counterclockwise to select "OFF."
6. Press PAGE right to select the EXP SW tab.
7. Cursor down to "EXP SW FUNCTION," and then turn the dial counterclockwise to select "OFF."
8. Save this new setting into the patch by pressing WRITE twice.
Note: Some patches may also contain assignments in the ASSIGN section that can effect custom stored parameters. If the above steps don't help with your patch, go to the ASSIGN menu, turn off each assignment in the patch, and then save the settings