Author Topic: GR-55 - Some notes on GR-55 glitches...  (Read 5275 times)

Offline stratrat

Re: GR-55 - Some notes on GR-55 glitches...
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2017, 03:06:44 PM »
The system is not perfect and can take a lot of experimentation to dial in properly. On top of all that, a lot of it is down to playing technique.

A trick I used to use with my old (even slower) 25-pin gear was to use a high-strung guitar (wound strings tuned an octave up) and then transpose patches on those strings down to normal octave.  Worked pretty well, but means that you aren't getting a normal tuned guitar from your normal pickups. The GR-55 unfortunately does not let you tune on a per string basis, so you can't even do that anymore.

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 12:17:33 AM »
Thank you Bryanz,
the pitch lowering sounds like a idea worth to try eventhough I will miss the higher string...I have also GP 10 and the situation with missing notes or a rhytmic shift during bass faster licks is not presented. It is a bit strange for me that 3y older unit has so worse computing limitation.
My plan is to experiment with FTP which should arrive this week. I am very curious how the tracking problems and all the glitching, ghost notes etc. Fishman engineers managed to solve.

Thomas

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 10:30:53 AM »
Guys,
just one stupid question: is it possible to use fishman triple play as controler and GR 55 as sound module?

Thank you

Thomas

Offline Elantric

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 10:42:32 AM »
No - because the GR-55 does not respond to MIDI note on / off messages

But you can use the older GR-30 / GR-33 as a MIDI tone module

Blog