DIY GR-55 Audio Player Footswitch - Quick, Cheap and Easy

Started by tekrytor, July 08, 2012, 07:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekrytor

I didn't want to waste a GK controller on the audio player selection and I'm also too damn lazy to bend over and hit the switch, so this was my solution.

I took a piece (~3/8"x1.5") of conductive black foam, the kind you get with electonic ICs and E-PROMs stuck in for protection, cut off a strip, tacked some double-stick foam tape on it (see photo) and stuck it on top of the existing push-button. Walla! Works good for me. Looks ok too, the black blends well.

I don't know how long it will last, we, will see. But...I freed up a GK switch and I can activate the audio player with my foot now. Photos attached of the materials and the result.
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

Sedgewick

Tekrytor, your new pic is has a striking resemblance to Scotty McReery !

tekrytor

Hmmm, I just grabbed what I thought was a cool Alfred E Newman pic off the web. But yeah, it does have a Scotty element to it too, now that you mention it.
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

Elantric

I had to look that up - as I dont watch American Idol

But yes i do see the resemblance too.

Oh and Nice mod on creating a Foot switch  for the GR-55 Audio Player !