GR-55 - Maggie May

Started by Jim Williams, May 13, 2012, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Williams

Here is one for all you classic rock fans. Maggie May one of the reasons I got into V-guitar and guitar synth. I like the ability to cover many parts of a song. If you put the heel of the expression pedal down you can loop the acoustic guitar and organ the move it to the toe position for the mandolin. This patch shows that a single part might not sound that cool but blend them together and you can really sound good and full. Have fun and enjoy!

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

DreamTheory

The mandolin does sound better in a blend than exposed. I ultimately ended up buying a real mandolin, which was a disappointment in the sense that I had hoped GR-55 would give me all I wanted from mandolinishness. But as in many things, GR-55 is Jack of All/ but not Master. You can use the mandolin in GR-55 for little bits and suggestions, but not if you really want deep drenching in mandolin. Of course it just does not handle the same, etc. But this sounds very real for what it is.
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008

turenko

Great patch!! thanks for sharing!
Brian Moore iGuitar 9.13
KRAMER Richie Sambora 1989 with gk-3
Squier Japan 1989 with Gk-2
Takamine EF 291M(E) with Gk-3

aliensporebomb

Sounds very close to the record.   Impressive!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.