IK SampleTank iOS!

Started by IK Obi, October 19, 2011, 10:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek Buddemeyer

Quote from:  Elantric on December 04, 2013, 12:29:48 PM
Derek - please keep us posted on the release of your IOS Drum product.

If you are attending 2014 Winter NAMM - lets hooks up?

Unfortunately, NAMM isn't an option this year...too many irons in the fire. I've got an album I'm trying to wrap up, drum app, and various other projects I'm collaborating on.  However, I will try to maintain a frequent presence here as this forum seems very well balanced and no sign of drama so far...lol.  You guys can also email me direct at buddemeyer72 (at) yahoo (dot) com if you like.  As soon as the app gets closer, I should have some promo codes to give out near the release date...I'm hoping for sometime in January!

supernicd

Derek, Drum Session sounds like a great concept.  This is something I feel is missing in iOS.  There are tons of drum programs, a lot of them very good, and very detailed.  But there are times when I want to throw a drum track together very quickly and not spend a great deal of time tweaking.  Just set the BPM, get in the general ballpark of a genre, and go.  Just to have something to jam with or get a song writing session started.  Sounds like this will be a nice fit.  Please do keep us posted!
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

whippinpost91850

Quote from: Derek Buddemeyer on December 04, 2013, 12:35:00 PM
Unfortunately, NAMM isn't an option this year...too many irons in the fire. I've got an album I'm trying to wrap up, drum app, and various other projects I'm collaborating on.  However, I will try to maintain a frequent presence here as this forum seems very well balanced and no sign of drama so far...lol.  You guys can also email me direct at buddemeyer72 (at) yahoo (dot) com if you like.  As soon as the app gets closer, I should have some promo codes to give out near the release date...I'm hoping for sometime in January!
Cool, I'm definitly looking to check this out. Yeah, This sight has no drama, just smart inciteful people who love all things guitar

maxdaddy

That StudioConnect looks appealing. One should be able to use that and a MIDI foot controller (FC300) to control the iOS app, Loopy, right?

Elantric

QuoteThat StudioConnect looks appealing. One should be able to use that and a MIDI foot controller (FC300) to control the iOS app, Loopy, right?
YEs - absolutely.

They are currently backordered at Sweetwater for the $39.99 price - but still accepting new orders at this price for early January 2014 delivery
Be aware Sweetwater's Cyber Week Sale ends Monday, December 9.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StudioCon

Elantric

An IOS MIDI I/O Interface that also has separate adjustable Audio Outputs and Guitar Input and 3.5mm TRS Stereo input and charges the iPad for $39 is a no brainer.
I ordered one too!

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StudioCon
Several of us ordered the 30 pin version from Sweetwater during their big sale last week for $39.99

Just got my shipping confirmation from Sweetwater for the Griffin Studio Connect $40 deal  - thanks

Thanks Derek Budemeyer

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10021.msg72097#msg72097

alfstone

Hi everybody,

Until yesterday I've used without any problem SampleTank in my iPad 2, driven by the Fishman TriplePlay (iOs 7).

Today, without any reason, SampleTank crashes at the beginning: just the intro scren, and then quits. I notice too that someway it remains active in the background, because if I double-click the iPad main button, I can see the beginning screen of SampleTank.

Is there anything I can do to solve the problem?

Thanks!

Alfredo

sixeight

Removing and then reinstalling the app should do the trick.

alfstone

Quote from:  sixeight on September 14, 2014, 03:58:43 AM
Removing and then reinstalling the app should do the trick.

Yes, it was definitely the right thing to do, since now everything's ok again!

Thanks a lot!

Alfredo

Elantric

IK Multimedia recently added a feature to IOS Sampletank called "The Grid"

and an IAP of SonicSynth Mobile
The Sonik Synth - Mobile Edition is the ultimate expander for SampleTank. Sonik Synth provides over 300 instruments that have been re-voiced from the ground up specifically for iOS and covering every category. Sonik Synth - Mobile Edition is the essential "must-have" collection for all serious SampleTank users.

These sounds originally appeared in Sonik Synth 2, our ultimate vintage synth workstation for Mac and PC.

There are also 5 lower-priced Sonik Synth sub-products available that focus on specific instrument

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletankipad/index.php?pp=sampletankipad-versions#soniksynth

supernicd

Doug at The Sound Test Room did a long video exploring the Sonik Synth 2 presets.  They sound really good!

VG-99, GR-55, GP-10

Derek Buddemeyer

Quote from: SuperNiCd on December 04, 2013, 02:39:52 AM
Hey Derek, I saw you mention Drum Session as a product used in one of your other videos, looked in the App Store, and when I couldn't find it assumed it was a VST or AU rather than an iPad app.

But this is actually an unreleased app that you're working on?  Sounds really cool!  Care to leak any more details about it? :)

Drum Session is releasing this week...for all you guitarists who hate programming drum tracks...this might be the answer... http://discchord.com/appnews/2016/11/21/drum-session-preview

supernicd

Quote from: Derek Buddemeyer on November 21, 2016, 11:30:34 AM
Drum Session is releasing this week...for all you guitarists who hate programming drum tracks...this might be the answer... http://discchord.com/appnews/2016/11/21/drum-session-preview

Looks cool Derek!  Looking forward to checking it out.  A new easy button for good sounding drums for jamming and songwriting is always welcome.
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10