Another Misconception and Misperception that caused death of this Technology

Started by ALOfYRSnfWhres, December 15, 2017, 09:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALOfYRSnfWhres

aside from the naming this that associates from the Auto Tune used by singers and artists that caused confusion disturbed and hate
This video shows how it is perceived and judged that caused death and downfall of this technology

FransFromBavaria

The funny part about this video is that he thinks he's acting dumb but he is like his mom said: "just be yourself". Sums up a few of the negative characteristics that other parts of the world often recognize as "american". Thank god most americans aren't like that, but an unproportional number shows up in media and showbusiness.

chrish

Quote from: FransFromBavaria on December 21, 2017, 11:43:49 PM
The funny part about this video is that he thinks he's acting dumb but he is like his mom said: "just be yourself". Sums up a few of the negative characteristics that other parts of the world often recognize as "american". Thank god most americans aren't like that, but an unproportional number shows up in media and showbusiness.
I was only able to watch that video for about 15 seconds.

And in general with YouTube videos, if the guitar player starts talking continuously in the first minute, I lose interest pretty fast.

I believe it was Frank Zappa who said "shut up and play your guitar"

vanceg

I can't even start to express, without using potentially offensive language, what a waste of time that video was.  It says nothing of any use or substance and serves to do nothing but poke fun and and implicitly criticize a technology without providing any useful, thoughtful, or even cogent critique.    In short, it's a weak trolling effort.  So, pretty par for the course for lowest common denominator internet filler content.

But- yep: That's the same attitude that kept people from looking carefully at the ATG technology.
I wish I could say "Their Loss" but it's ALL of our loss since that tech now won't be pursued as fully as it could be.

Elantric

Quote from: vanceg on December 22, 2017, 11:48:20 AM
I can't even start to express, without using potentially offensive language, what a waste of time that video was.  It says nothing of any use or substance and serves to do nothing but poke fun and and implicitly criticize a technology without providing any useful, thoughtful, or even cogent critique.    In short, it's a weak trolling effort.  So, pretty par for the course for lowest common denominator internet filler content.

But- yep: That's the same attitude that kept people from looking carefully at the ATG technology.
I wish I could say "Their Loss" but it's ALL of our loss since that tech now won't be pursued as fully as it could be.

Agreed 1000%!

really a worthless video

I find offensive the Clickbait trend on Youtube ,  controversy sells, but that dude with 1/2 a million views is only seeking to monetize his youtube channel , but he stifle's  technological progress and free thinking.

and folks wonder why guitar is dead.
When presented with new concepts, its likely to be initially misunderstood and castigated as worthless by a few "trusted sources" . All too often its human nature for many to join in with their fellow masses like a bunch of 9 year old bullies seeking a temporary  endorphin rush by beating up anything new  -

and say  "Yes- I'm just as you, I hate it too!", in an effort to remain secure and and feel part of the herd.

Lemmings trained to conform often misunderstand many new tools and technology today, or cant think past the marketing hype

People who possess genuine critical thinking skills are becoming rare.  Sadly too many folks read the word "critical", then assume this must mean:  "How many ways can I express to my peers my extreme hate for this new concept! " then spend boundless energy selling their negative judgement to their peers,   convincing others to share one common global one size fits all aceptance standard, and disparage anything outside that belief system ,  where all can march lock step and sing their hatred of anything outside their collective views.

How will the next free thinking Jimi Hendrix  or Robert Fripp emerge in this social conformity world of today?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking

One thing I know, if you seek conformity with the rest of the shredders, you are reading the wrong forum.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140615/15335527591/consume-conform-obey-what-homeland-securitys-targeting-anti-consumerist-activities-says-about-governments-desires.shtml

chrish

Quote from: Elantric on December 22, 2017, 11:56:11 AM
Agreed 1000%!

really a worthless video

I find offensive the Clickbait trend on Youtube ,  controversy sells, but that dude with 1/2 a million views is only seeking to monetize his youtube channel , but he stifle's  technological progress and free thinking.

and folks wonder why guitar is dead.
When presented with new concepts, its likely to be initially misunderstood and castigated as worthless by a few "trusted sources" . All too often its human nature for many to join in with their fellow masses like a bunch of 9 year old bullies seeking a temporary  endorphin rush by beating up anything new  -

and say  "Yes- I'm just as you, I hate it too!", in an effort to remain secure and and feel part of the herd.

Folks often misunderstand many new tools and technology today, or cant think past the marketing hype

People who possess genuine critical thinking skills are becoming rare.  Sadly too many folks read the word "critical", then assume this must mean:  "How many ways can I express to my peers my extreme hate for this new concept! " then spend boundless energy selling their negative judgement to their peers,   convincing others to share one common global one size fits all aceptance standard, and disparage anything outside that belief system ,  where all can march lock step and sing their hatred of anything outside their collective views.

How will the next free thinking Jimi Hendrix  or Robert Fripp emerge in this social conformity world of today?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking

One thing I know, if you seek conformity with the rest of the shredders, you are reading the wrong forum.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140615/15335527591/consume-conform-obey-what-homeland-securitys-targeting-anti-consumerist-activities-says-about-governments-desires.shtml

from the Wikipedia link you posted.

"Researchers assessing critical thinking in online discussion forums often employ a technique called Content Analysis,[36][35] where the text of online discourse (or the transcription of face-to-face discourse) is systematically coded for different kinds of statements relating to critical thinking. For example, a statement might be coded as "Discuss ambiguities to clear them up" or "Welcoming outside knowledge" as positive indicators of critical thinking. Conversely, statements reflecting poor critical thinking may be labeled as "Sticking to prejudice or assumptions" or "Squashing attempts to bring in outside knowledge."

People tend to align with their self interest and can come up with any reasoning that supports that self-interest.

The resulting bias leads to prejudice and ignorance and they even don't even know that processes is shaping their thinking, facts will be ignored or misinterpreted.

Close minded individuals, who don't understand the logical rules of debate, resort to personal attacks, building straw man and then arguing against the straw man, present red herring arguments and come up with all sorts of all crazy ways to defend their beliefs.

This is why I often say we don't experience reality.

These are age-old discussions.

Either take the red pill or the blue pill.