"You are so beautiful" FTP Piano demo (mounted on Variax Acoustic via iPad)

Started by Smash, November 09, 2017, 01:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

Let's face it piano is the absolute most bastardist thing to play on MIDI guitar! Totally unforgiving and shows up everything.

Just to make it more interesting I did it with FTP mounted on acoustic (not supported by FTP) and via iPad (again not recommended!)

When the acoustic sound is introduced you can compare the tracking speed of FTP against the acoustic direct signal - pretty impressive I reckon.

I'm using the IK Blueboard expression pedals for hold and control of the AUM mixer levels (watch the last fader on the ipad)

This is exactly as it happened.

The bass is assigned to low E and A strings - this is where the FTP mono mode comes in really helpful. MIDIflow is setup to catch those two channels and merge them into one so i have one bass channel and then another MIDIflow strip is used to catch all the strings and output them to another single channel for Sampletank.

The piano sound is made up of about 4 different sounds in Sampletank live mode. One is tuned an octave down for the bass channel.

Korg iM1 provides bass and organ - what's great about eh organ is it isn't velocity sensitive so if you back off a bit it pokes it's head out above everything else - just gives it a bit more life.

PeterPan8

Very well played!  May I ask how you setup the piano on SampleTank?
Could you capture a screenshot of your setup... if possible?  (You can use free Picpick for that.)

It seems that I can't find a nice piano setup with deep bass, and realistic treble.

Thanks!

alexmcginness

Nice job. Now theres two of your demos I use. The All Right now demo and this one for the triple play. Im a fan.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Smash

Keeps hanging when I try to post pic (3meg)  ???

Edited this post and added.

All 6 on ch7 low e and a on ch8

Ftp in mono using Midiflow to achieve routing :)