Tascam-2488 - HGR-2488-Prism-VGA-Monitor-Interface

Started by Elantric, November 03, 2017, 08:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Not mine - but concept looks like a clever solution
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HGR-2488-Prism-VGA-Monitor-Interface-for-the-Tascam-2488-New-FREE-SHIPPING-/122773051102

HGR-2488 Prism VGA Monitor Interface for the Tascam 2488

The TASCAM 2488 is a fantastic multi-tracker, but trying to view its small display when you are not directly in front of it or when you have an instrument hung round your neck can be a real problem.

The HGR-2488 Prism Monitor Interface Card provides the solution. This circuit board fits inside the TASCAM-2488 and reproduces the TASCAM's LCD display on a standard PC monitor.

The large screen format provided by the HGR-2488 Prism allows the musician the freedom to create music away from the 2488, meaning you (and the rest of the band) can easily see what's happening. For TASCAM 2488 MK1 users the low brightness of the LCD display is no longer a major drawback. No more eye strain!

The HGR-2488 Prism has been designed to be as simple as possible for the user to install inside the TASCAM 2488 without the need for soldering, special tools or modifications to the TASCAM 2488 casing. It is essentially 'plug and play'.

The HGR-2488 Prism Provides The following features:

* Display of the TASCAM 2488 LCD on a VGA compatible PC monitor or LCD panel
* Everything displayed on the TASCAM 2488 LCD is replicated on the PC monitor
* Full colour display
* VGA mode is 800 x 600 @ 60HZ
* TASCAM 2488 LCD remains fully functional whether or not the PC monitor is connected
* No PC required – just the TASCAM 2488, a VGA monitor and a standard male-to-male VGA cable
* Simple to install

What Do I Receive?

* HGR2488 Circuit Assembly
* Ribbon cable for video output
* 2 cable ties
* Fully Illustrated installation instructions can be downloaded from here

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the HGR-2488 Prism?
A: The HGR-2488 Prism is a small interface which allows the display of the TASCAM 2488 LCD on a VGA compatible PC monitor or LCD panel. Everything that is displayed on the TASCAM 2488 LCD is replicated on the PC monitor.

Q: Does the HGR-2488 Prism work on all versions of the TASCAM 2488?
A: Yes. The HGR-2488 Prism has been designed to work with all variants of the TASCAM 2488. It has been fully tested with the original TASCAM 2488 (sometimes referred to as the MK I), the MK II and the NEO.

Q: Does the HGR-2488 Prism provide a DVI or HDMI output?
A: No, the HGR-2488 Prism provides an analog VGA output (PC compatible RGB+HV) to a standard 15 way female HD (d-type) connector.

Q: Will I need to provide a Male-to-Male VGA cable?
A: If your monitor has a fixed VGA cable with a male [pin] connector (as is often the case with older CRT monitors) then this will plug directly into the HGR-2488 Prism ribbon cable, so you will not need a Male-to-Male cable. If your monitor has a female [socket] VGA connector (as is often the case with newer LCD monitors) then a Male-to-Male VGA cable will be required to connect the HGR-2488 Prism ribbon cable to the monitor.

Q: Do I require any special Tools?
A: No, you will only require the following tools when installing the HGR2488 Prism - A #1 Philips head screwdriver, Small side cutters or nail scissors, A table to work on and a soft blanket to lay the TASCAM 2488 on during installation.

Q: How much experience do I need to install the HGR-2488 Prism?
A: The HGR-2488 Prism has been designed to be as simple as possible for the user to install inside the TASCAM 2488 without the need for soldering, special tools or modifications to the TASCAM 2488 casing. It is essentially 'plug and play', but you do need to remove the bottom cover of the TASCAM 2488.

Q: Is the HGR-2488 Prism compatible with the Tascam DP-24 or DP-32?
A: No, the HGR-2488 Prism is only compatible with the Tascam 2488 MKI, MKII and NEO.