RIP Glen Campbell

Started by Pete1959, August 09, 2017, 05:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete1959

Noticed this in the news. Very sad to see yet another great guitar player leave us.

I remember watching his show as a kid and being impressed just watching him play on all those Ovations.
Even played an Ovation Breadwinner often back in the 70s after seeing Glen playing one although he was more known for the acoustics.

When thinking country, Glen Campbell and Roy Clark were my favorite players of the genre although neither were limited to that.
Toss in all the session work and great voice and really was one of a kind.

R.I.P.  Glen

JeffTronics

Thanks for starting this tribute post. Same here, I grew up watching Hee Haw and remember Glenn and Roy going neck & neck.

I had the opportunity to see Glenn live at the Hollywood Bowl many years ago, for a July 4th celebration. There he was playing his electric and backed by a full orchestra. I appreciated that concert because it showed how his playing the electric goes well with classical instruments. Not to leave out, his acoustic and singing. It was a very full sound.

The news story I saw announcing his passing took the time out to reflect on his recent years and it was touching to learn his children were his backup band.

A great songwriter who contributed wonderful songs to our musical repertoire.

I think it's fitting to play some Glenn songs this weekend  :)