[HELP] Boss Katana 1x12 can't be found on PC

Started by Stooge1996, August 03, 2017, 04:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stooge1996

So I got a katana 1x12 100 yesterday and can't get it to work with any of my 4 PCs. The driver software also does not install at all. After 40 mins of waiting the screen saying it has installed does not pop up. The previous owner said it worked with his Mac products. Tried a few different usb cables and nothing works.

Elantric

Work slowly and follow each step here:

Katana - How to install the Firmware update, USB driver and Boss Tone Studio
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19688.0

Stooge1996

Thanks for the response.

Think the usb port on the amp might be broken. I've put the amp into usb drive mode and the computers still can't find the amp, also used a few different usb cables and nothing.

Beanow

admin

QuoteThanks for the response.

Think the usb port on the amp might be broken. I've put the amp into usb drive mode and the computers still can't find the amp, also used a few different usb cables and nothing.

What is your make / model computer and What version Operating system?

If you are running Windows 10, many folks initiate a Group Policy to prevent Windows 10 upgrades -but this also prevents the Katana USB Signed driver getting installed 

also
SOLUTION TO WINDOWS 10 GIVING CONNECTION FAILURE ON BOSS TONE STUDIO AFTER SYSTEM UPDATE.
- make sure you're running the latest version of the software and firmware.
- Go to Privacy in Settings then App Permissions then Microphone and turn on microphone access and allow apps to access your microphone.