ROLAND /BOSS - The future redefined (May-June 2017 new product launches)

Started by admin, May 20, 2017, 10:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Rodrigo Schwarz

Quote from: Brak(E)man on June 23, 2017, 04:48:31 AM
So this is it :-?

it seems that I'm going to have to continue my love-hate relationship with the GR-55 for another year. Or more...
GR-55 – VG-8EX - Esp Eclipse Standard 2 Amber Cherry Sunburst with GK-2A – Godin Multiac ACS SA - Gianinni Stratosonic (brazilian strat copy) whith EMG pickups – Roland JC 40

ericar123

Kevin M

I'm not sure anything in the list qualifies as 'the future redefined'.

Rodrigo Schwarz

Quote from: Kevin M on June 23, 2017, 09:27:09 AM

I agree. I believe that Boss has launched good products. I have no interest in any of them, but I believe there is a market for these products. What was not cool is that definitely none of these products redefined the future.
GR-55 – VG-8EX - Esp Eclipse Standard 2 Amber Cherry Sunburst with GK-2A – Godin Multiac ACS SA - Gianinni Stratosonic (brazilian strat copy) whith EMG pickups – Roland JC 40

jassy

Quote from: Kevin M on June 23, 2017, 09:27:09 AM
Well in the opposite, Im really sure nothing of it qualifies as 'the future redefined'
They could have used thousands of advertising slogans, but to call this a redefinition of the future is a hoax wherever you look.
Especially coming from a company that has redefined the future of the guitar several times before, is even more disappointing.

whippinpost91850

Couldn't agree more. Certainly nothing terribly new or exciting here ???

chrish

Quote from: Brak(E)man on June 23, 2017, 04:48:31 AM
So this is it :-?
yes the future redefined. Expect bigger and better advertising hype in the future.

Quote"Cycfi, Spicetone, Antares--those companies are moving towards the future.   "

That's where I'm spending my money, with small companies that need support for their vision and passion.

thebrushwithin

It seems like a more accurate slogan would be Boss' future redefined. Seems only logical that an OD 500 will follow as well. Looks like great stuff for a pedalboard, especially when combined with the MS-3 !
As for my own needs, I find the Kemper, and the fantastic updated fx, to do everything I need in a live setting, and of course the actual incredible amp profiles, which , IMO, are genius.
13 pin - where art thou?

whippinpost91850

Same here regarding the Kemper. I want new and better actual Guitar Synth sounds and maybe guitar models with tunings

Rodrigo Schwarz

There is one good thing about it all: it will be a GAS free weekend.  ;D

RogerVG8EX

Quote from: Rodrigo Schwarz on June 23, 2017, 12:17:44 PM
There is one good thing about it all: it will be a GAS free weekend.  ;D

I have a GAS attack: the Mini Katana amp is a very cool concept, I'm going to wait a little bit and see if the price drops. The street price is 119€

thebrushwithin

I do expect some 13 pin gizmo at the winter NAMM - overdue!

jwhitcomb3

Quote from: thebrushwithin on June 23, 2017, 10:42:31 PM
New 8-track tape releases are overdue too!  :)

vtgearhead

Quote from: thebrushwithin on June 23, 2017, 10:42:31 PM

You will pardon me if I don't hold my breath for it...

sixeight

I am afraid "the future redefined" means more simple, simple, simple boxes as Roland has stated themselves already. The VG99 has been the last device that was was very complete and flexible and therefore mind-blowing. All that came after has been simpler, though sound quality has improved...

The future of Roland is bleak...

jwhitcomb3

Quote from: sixeight on June 24, 2017, 06:16:14 AM
The future of Roland is bleak...
Well, the future of electric guitar isn't rosy, with younger musicians losing interest and their key demographic aging and downsizing their lifestyles. Roland seems to be producing very flexible and high quality guitar products at a very reasonable price point (Katana, MS-3), and in particular, small and portble devices that could attract the very audience that has been elusive to the higher end market.

My teenagers like ukuleles and analog synths, and have little interest in guitars. Roland is making some really interesting synthesizers (System 8). I think the future of Roland looks pretty solid among big name music manufacturers. But I wouldn't expect they invest much more in 13 pin guitar products.

scratch17

Quoting thebrushwithin:

QuoteI find the Kemper, and the fantastic updated fx, to do everything I need in a live setting, and of course the actual incredible amp profiles, which , IMO, are genius.
13 pin - where art thou?

I love my Kemper and fully agree. Now if Kemper would add a 13 pin input on the KPA, and let me assign a different profile on every string, I'd be in hog heaven!
Hamer Duotone, Brian Moore i213, Taylor 710 BCE 

VG-99, FC-300, RMC Fanout
RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
68 Fender Bandmaster (AB763)
Marshal AS80R

UA Apollo X6, Twin X, Logic Pro, Luna, Melodyne Studio